Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
H
2 to 10 posts
OP Offline
2 to 10 posts
H
Are any of you aware of any upcoming fairs or expos this spring which focus on positions for camp counselors? I had been interested in attending the Tri State conference in Atlantic City this month (which looked breathtaking from the video posted!) but then found out that it is only meant for camp directors and others who are already in the industry and I am new to it.

50 to 100 posts
50 to 100 posts
Hey HorizonHero, first of all, I see this is your first post so let me be the first to welcome you to the message boards!! Unfortunately, there aren't any job fairs that come to mind. If you are in need of a camp job, your best bet is to look on campstaff.com, that website is amazing for finding jobs, especially overnight camps. Another great way is on facebook through the camp staff group, usually there are a bunch of postings year round about camps that are hiring. As for the camp conference, yes it is generally for camp professionals, especially at that price of I believe 300$. They usually do not have anything for us camp counselors. I wish they had a camp conference for camp staff, that would be a BLAST!!!! If you are really desperate you can try your luck with a camp fair which is basically where a bunch of directors setup tables and try to get parents to sign up their kids (ran by aca). If you get there early enough you can catch the directors before they are busy and ask around (it can be a hit or miss). If you really need help finding a camp job, I will be more than happy to assist you with that, these message boards are kind of dead. Feel free to pm me and I can help you out!! Good luck!!!!!

Most days, I cannot tell you what the date is but I can tell you how many days until camp starts!!
M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
There was one camp fair, ran by the Recreation, parks tourism department at Western Illinois Univeristy, but that one has passed, in early February. Camp staff is great, as well as looking for ACA camps on the main ACA website. Doing both will be great in terms of looking at most amount of camps available.

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
50 to 100 posts
50 to 100 posts
I attended an ACA Camp fair that was in my area at the Quakerbridge mall (out of curiosity) which was ok, but it was mainly afterschool companies that run enrichment programs over the summer rather than traditional overnight and day camps, I was a little disappointed. You might have more luck then me but your best bet is to use a website like campstaff.com or checkout the job postings on the year-round jobs at camp section of the aca website (they do have a large amount of seasonal jobs posted so ignore the "year-round" part). You are more than welcomed to PM me and I can assist you, I am extremely familiar with helping people getting jobs at camp.

Most days, I cannot tell you what the date is but I can tell you how many days until camp starts!!
H
2 to 10 posts
OP Offline
2 to 10 posts
H
Thanks everyone! Please keep me posted if anything further surfaces.

50 to 100 posts
50 to 100 posts
HorizonHero, please let us know if you find anything!!

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard