ACA Home
Posted By: Anonymous campers who aren't immunized - 04/25/07 01:18 PM
How do you handle campers who want to attend camp, but parents doesn?t believe in getting immunized? Do you still allow them to attend? Or, do you have a form for the parents to sign? What are your procedures?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: campers who aren't immunized - 01/16/08 11:36 PM
My personal belief is I would be worried at being at camp with someone not immunized.. simply because I could end up ill.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: campers who aren't immunized - 01/24/08 06:53 PM
But if YOU are immunized, you shouldn't catch it, right?
i don't know.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: campers who aren't immunized - 01/24/08 07:00 PM
That is kind of the purpose of immunizations - to make you immune to an illness.

There are regular K-12 schools that have immunization waivers for parents who have religious objections, or in some states, any type of objections, to getting their kids immunized. I would look and see what the state uses for the school district/what the laws are and go from there.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: campers who aren't immunized - 01/26/08 02:25 AM
Yeah, I'd still be a little nervous around un-immunized people.

I don't know if any of my friends aren't immunized--but if they aren't, I certainly don't want to know that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: campers who aren't immunized - 02/20/08 04:45 PM
If you have been immunised then you have no reason to worry. That is the point of immunisations- to control and eradicate disease.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: campers who aren't immunized - 02/25/08 12:30 AM
OH YEAH, that's right! Duh me. I must be forgetting the key fact of immunizations!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: campers who aren't immunized - 02/25/08 01:09 AM
Vaccines help the people who get them. If you do not have one, then you are the one who is worried. Do not worry at all.
© ACA Message Boards