ACA Home
Posted By: Anonymous Missing Most from Camp - 01/08/08 12:51 PM
Since we have around 6 months or so till our camp sickness ends, what currently are you missing most about camp? What are you looking forward to doing when you go back? First thing, you will do when you are back at camp?

I think I am most missing the friends I made from camp. Last summer, I thought that was over and I was going to make new plans for this summer. I also thought that I wouldn't really see my close close camp friends again since most of them are international. However, I am going back and so are they. So all the seperation and whatnot is past, and I can't wait to our talks and catching up and everything. I even am looking forward to the cold showers the first 2 weeks of camp and just walking at camp again. I am currently even missing the weridness and the craziness of camp. School with finals is so stressful and tiring in so many ways. Camp with the good friends and everyone is so much wanted, currently! Can't wait really... I just put a countdown on my computer.

Whenever I go to camp, the first thing is will be to walk into my room. It has a distinct, wonderful spell that I miss sooooo much. I can even spell it here where I live. I want to spell it from the source.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/08/08 04:07 PM
I'm missing my friends and just the fun we had every day. It's so much different from "real life" in a good way. I never get to see my camp friends because they are scattered all over the globe so that makes it a bit tougher.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and being back in the camp environment. It's our little bubble and I can't wait to get back into it. The first thing I'll probably do is just take it all in and enjoy being back there.

Can't wait!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/08/08 06:52 PM
I miss being around people who understand what camp is about. I miss being able to go Kayaking - althoug we have a river near by I don't drive and unless we have had huge amounts of rain it is too shallow to kayak in.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/08/08 08:19 PM
Im missing my home... Camp is my Home... my house is where I live... but I miss not being judged... I miss that family bond with old friends and meeting new ones...
It's hard to be out in the "real world" because the reason that you love camp is because it's different... thats why people go back... well at least that why I love it... Im going through a REALLY tough time in my life right now... my High school teen years. But camp keeps my in check... I try so hard to make sure i go to camp... one week or 2 is not good enough. Thats why I go the whole summer... Its home... and im really home sick...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/08/08 11:23 PM
Aww poor Ave - you need to find one of your camp friends to give you a hug! It wont be long until high school is over! and then you will be in the "real" world and wishing you were back at high school. At least when you are high school you can to to camp with out commments like "aren't you going to get a 'real' job?" and such!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/08/08 11:58 PM
Great friends...and the Lake!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/09/08 01:08 AM
I miss our lake too!

i have to say that I dont miss the staff showers as they were broken and didn't work properly all summer!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/09/08 01:40 AM
I miss just being around all those camp people all the time. Most of them go to school out of town, so in the off-season we don't get to see each other that much.

And I miss the weather. It's been pretty nice here for the past few days, but it's still winter.

I miss my kids. They're funny.

I miss the barn, the lake, and creekwalks! Oh, how I love creekwalks, and finding cool things on them!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/09/08 02:59 AM
Reunion is in 9 whole days... but I cant wait... this was a really bad day for me. and all I could think about was camp...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/09/08 03:27 AM
Gotta agree with the community showers at camp...grasty!!! Although...I may be even missing them too! ;\)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/09/08 03:31 AM
I miss the sunshine - it is horrible and stormy here at the moment but not fun thunder storm stormy - just howling wind and rain ick - oh how I long for the summer and the sun and to be free from SAD for a few months!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/09/08 03:47 AM
I hate to say it...I even miss the mosquitoes! Not the horse flies though.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/09/08 02:24 PM
I dont miss the mosquitoes - cos last year they had me on meds cos I reacted strangely to them! I went to the Dr and she like "I dont know what bit you but something did!" that was alot of help!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/09/08 11:21 PM
Yeah...I say that now!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/10/08 09:20 PM
I miss our international staff. We had a wonderful set of staff from England, Wales, Ireland, and Australia this summer and I really miss them. They were some of the most outgoing internationals in a while and were quite willing to try anything. They made my summer fun and exciting.

I also miss my campers. I was lucky enough to be Sports Director and so I got to meet every camper and they were amazing. Of course there were a few problems, but I loved the girls this summer. I had so much fun and really got to know the different ages and programs we have --- it was great! I especially miss comforting the homesick campers...they're the sweetest!

And I of course miss the place...I've been there so long, it is home to me. And on really stressful days it'd be nice to go there and relax in a place that is always the same.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/10/08 10:44 PM
comforting homesick campers is the one thing i dont miss - having never been camp sick I find it hard to resist.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/11/08 12:28 AM
You've never been camp sick??? How do you do it?!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/11/08 03:31 AM
I meant having never been home sick - I am really camp sick - and it is soo hard to be thousands of miles away from your favourite place in the whole world. what I actually meant to say was "having never been home sick I find it hard to relate!" - i guess that is what happens when you are on 3 forums and 3 MSN conversations at the same time.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/11/08 03:44 AM
Gotcha! Put things together when I saw your posts on the camp sick thread, too!!! I too, have never been homesick!
Posted By: marty Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/12/08 10:45 PM
I agree with smudge with not missing homesick campers. However I do miss being at camp and being with the campers
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/13/08 12:23 AM
yeah - so do I - helping run a brownie troop helps though!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/13/08 03:41 AM
I've always thought about volunteering to get my kid fix...have yet to act on it, though.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/13/08 04:18 AM
You should - it is fun and you have willing guinea pigs for trying new games out on.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/13/08 04:19 AM
Hopefully this spring I will find some time. Good idea, though!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/15/08 12:24 AM
I've never been to "real" camp, but the thing I miss from when I went to day camp as a child would be my friends there. I met my best friend Ashley there and we're still friends to this day!

I also miss the suprises there.. My birthday is in the beginning of July, so we would always be at day camp on our birthday--we being my sisters and I, we're triplets. Anyhoo, I remember one year the camp director pulled my sisters and I in her office and asked us what color should she paint the building.. What we didn't know was it was a setup! They were planning a suprise birthday party for us! It was so sweet.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/15/08 12:37 AM
That sound like fun!

i always wanted a camp birthday!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/15/08 11:14 PM
Oh it was so much fun!

I liked going to day camp on my birthday-- I could see my camp friends AND be with my family.

I'm not sure how I'll deal with resident camp, if I do go, over my birthday. It would be kind of hard.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/16/08 02:20 AM
Camp birthdays are the best...sucks being born in November!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/16/08 03:58 AM
true that!

i don't even get a camp half-birthday!

poo november
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/16/08 03:50 PM
Mine's in March, and it's always been during spring break. Which, on one hand, is nice, since it's a week off to celebrate and all, but I never got to celebrate at school OR at camp. Plus, especially now in college, everyone's gone somewhere for the week, giving me really lonely parties. So sad. \:\)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/16/08 11:08 PM
Yeah, but it stinks because all of my friends have their drivers permits.. except me.

My sweet 16 is this summer and we can't decide what to do with it! I want to go to summer camp in June, my sister's dance camp is in July and our birthday is two days before Independence Day. It's sad sometimes when a lot of friends' can't attend parties because they're at their families picnics.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/17/08 02:11 AM
that sucks!

If your sis is going to camp how come your mother wont let you go to camp! that seems unjust!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/17/08 04:17 AM
It's always great when you can spend your birthday with camp people and they can sing your camp birthday song to you. Happens rarely, but is special when it does happen.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/17/08 09:50 AM
camp birthday always seemed to be a lot of fun. the best thing about my camp is that the camp staff is actually rather small. so, we all get super ober close with everyone and we really dont have co-counselors...it gets mixed up weekly. and there are a couple of staff members whose birthdays are during camp, which make it a lot of fun for all of us. i got to make one of them present and the other one...we went out one night and celebrated. it was a lot of fun...

aww... reading this makes me miss camp sOooOOoOOOoo much. and accordining to my countdown, there are 149 days left, which is insanely long! the part that makes it even worse that I dont get to see anyone from camp the entire off season, or the camp, or the state, which I guess is similar to the vast majority of people here. It stinks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/17/08 10:08 AM
I am so camp (home) sick right now. I am having mega, mega problems with my parents and my high school friends are filled with drama. I just so much want to even go to camp and just walk around for a bit or go see some of my camp friends some where to be reminded that it wasn't a dream and for a nice break. I wish we had a staff reunion, but since like 70% of us are international- it really wouldn't work. \:\( Hopefully, this spring will just fly by.

Good part- i am sending off my completed application tomorrow. so, hopefully, soon- I will have to go through the same routine phone interview. I can't wait for my phone interview. Awww... camp!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/17/08 01:47 PM
I can't wait... Camp Reunion is On Saturday.. so I can get my Camp nuttiness out. haha. But it's not going to be held AT camp.. so I still will be Home (camp) Sick..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/17/08 02:27 PM
f
 Originally Posted By: twirlonwater
I am so camp (home) sick right now. I am having mega, mega problems with my parents and my high school friends are filled with drama. I just so much want to even go to camp and just walk around for a bit or go see some of my camp friends some where to be reminded that it wasn't a dream and for a nice break. I wish we had a staff reunion, but since like 70% of us are international- it really wouldn't work. \:\( Hopefully, this spring will just fly by.

Good part- i am sending off my completed application tomorrow. so, hopefully, soon- I will have to go through the same routine phone interview. I can't wait for my phone interview. Awww... camp!

I am sending you hugs cos I know how you feel! I dont even live in the same country as camp! and oh I miss it soooooooooo very much, like you and alot of camp counsellors home life isn't the greatest and i lived somewhere where I don't actually have any friends which makes it even harder.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/18/08 12:56 AM
Well my sister is a dancer on the dance team and they attend a 5-day overnight "camp" at a local college.

Yeah, very unfair.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/18/08 01:24 AM
ah!!!!!!!!!!

I am really camp sick at the moment - i just cant wait for camp to be here!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/18/08 03:04 AM
I'm camp sick too. More like so sick of high school drama I'd rather be at camp -- which i've never been to before.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/18/08 03:33 AM
I dont miss high school drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/18/08 03:37 AM
but I do have to deal with family drama
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/18/08 03:43 AM
I have to deal with both high school and family drama. awww... camp!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/18/08 04:16 AM
poor you!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/19/08 12:02 AM
I hate drama.

Blahh.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/19/08 12:36 AM
And unfortunately, last summer, there was a tiny bit of even camp drama. Didn't really affect me at all though, but it was quite evident.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/19/08 01:14 AM
We were lucky last summer - what little drama we had was at the end of the summer, after the kids had left.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/19/08 03:29 AM
Better without the kids...too bad it had to happen at all. Always great to leave camp on a good note!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/19/08 04:00 AM
Yeah, we left on a pretty good note. However, it good have been better. Yet, it good always have been better at time. And, life is never perfect, why should camp be any different? Take the good and the bad.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/19/08 02:26 PM
See Ive never really had camp drama til this year... there was one session that really threw everyone in that program. Endangered the trip and everything. It wasn't good at all... But we got through it but another camper went home... crazy times... but in 10 years thats was the most I've seen but also I never pay attention cause I dont pick sides or get into fights or anything. But I really dislike High School Drama because that certainly cant be avoided. At the end of the day my Camp is always attacked because people know thats the most important to me. So that gets me MORE camp sick... \:\(
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/19/08 03:58 PM
I have to agree that I don't miss camp drama. There was a bit of it this past summer and I def. don't miss it!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/20/08 04:17 AM
It's funny how in the dead of winter I can even miss camps dirtiest jobs! As I picture the jobs that seem to stink at camp while you're there...they sound pretty dang good right now!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/20/08 04:38 AM
but there is something theraputic about scrubbing all the soot off a large cooking pot becuase those who used it didn't soap the outside - it is really cool to see it go from black to silver.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/20/08 04:53 AM
Elbow grease!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/20/08 05:00 AM
yeap - and a good wire wool!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/20/08 05:03 AM
My least favorite pre-camp job is raking. It's one of those jobs that when you're done you really don't feel like you've done anything. And, the work isn't really recognizable. When grass is mowed it looks nice and shorter. When a hill has been raked it just looks like no pine needles fell there! \:\)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/20/08 05:09 AM
We never raked at any of the camps I was - that is except the sand at the waterfront and that had to be done every day! I hated cleaning the kitchen trunks at the start of the summer cos you would always have to deal with spiders.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/20/08 05:14 AM
It's amazing how wildlife takes over camp when we're not there. It's their home for 9 months out of the year! We move in...they move out...we move out...they move in!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/20/08 10:12 PM
yeap - except they dont always move out! One summer I discovered that their had been a mouse in mattress - only discovered this after I moved out that cabin. And then we had squirrel that didnt seem to get that he couldn't live in the staff cabin while we were there.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/20/08 10:14 PM
That's true...often times we're roommates!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/20/08 10:41 PM
 Originally Posted By: big KID
My least favorite pre-camp job is raking. It's one of those jobs that when you're done you really don't feel like you've done anything. And, the work isn't really recognizable. When grass is mowed it looks nice and shorter. When a hill has been raked it just looks like no pine needles fell there! \:\)

doesnt your camp have some kind of maintenance people or ground people who did that kind of stuff?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/20/08 10:43 PM
Yes...they've started to do that. I think they have some service or family come in and do it for like 2 weeks straight. And, I'm getting to camp later now so I don't do much raking anymore. Memories.... I say let the pine needles be!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/20/08 11:30 PM
I agree! There are far more important jobs to be done to get camp set up than raking pine needles - in my opinion anyway.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/21/08 12:41 AM
I also think let nature be nature! I don't think they're unattractive! I would rather see a camp where nature was evident in it's natural state rather than manicured!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/21/08 01:10 AM
Yeap - if people didn't expect to see things like pine needles at camp they would go to one in the paries or something were there are no pine trees!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/21/08 01:47 AM
Pine needles are great for finding fuel for starting fires....I love the pine needles.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/21/08 02:25 AM
i am very pro-pine needle.
they are the saving grace with young kids' cookouts.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/21/08 11:57 AM
I am sure they are! My first camp they used them to weave basket - they were only tiny but they looked cool.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/21/08 10:29 PM
Thats a cool idea. I will try that next day I get a chance.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/21/08 10:37 PM
Once I made a bird feeder with pine cones, peanut butter, and bird seed.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/21/08 11:43 PM
I have heard of that before!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/22/08 12:23 AM
we have this book at my camp that is a nature craft book. It contains all craft ideas, where the supplies are from nature. They are great. No cost great crafts. I would tell you the name but I forgot it. It was a great book!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/22/08 12:26 AM
Yeah, it was cool! :]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/22/08 04:08 AM
Another thing I'm missing about camp is the smells.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/22/08 04:11 AM
Me too!!! Where I work now, everytime I walk in smells the exactly the same way as my bunk did. It is a lovely smell. Everytime I walk in, I try to smell it longer and longer to take it in. My co-workers think I am a goof.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/22/08 04:13 AM
So many things remind me of camp...smells, sounds, textures, etc... On a daily basis about 100 times a day!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/22/08 04:14 AM
Facebook is bad for doing that. My friend's actions from camps always pop up on my newsfeed, which reminds me of them and camp... daily temptations for camp!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/22/08 04:16 AM
Yeah...I just signed up on Facebook. Looking forward to that component!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/22/08 06:38 PM
 Originally Posted By: big KID
Another thing I'm missing about camp is the smells.

Personally I dont miss the smell of the CTS!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/23/08 01:57 AM
Alright, funny smell story.

So at my old camp, they used this particular cleaner to clean the outhouses in the one unit that had them. Woo, stinky. They kept them pretty clean, but it's an outhouse, what are you going to do, right?

Well, when I worked at a lab a couple of years ago, they had to use this pH neutral stuff because we played with acid and everything, and it smelled like the exact same stuff.

The funny thing is that whenever the janitor would mop the floors I thought it stunk really, really bad, but nobody else thought the cleaner smelled at all.

Go camp smell association. \:\)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/23/08 03:41 AM
What does CTS stand for? Something foul I assume?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/23/08 03:31 PM
CTS - stands for Composting Toilet System - a glorified pit latren - that churns the waste and turns it into compost - and it really stinks when it is churning! So yes it is foul.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/23/08 11:04 PM
Eew sick. I'm worried about that-- the GS camp I'm applying at only has latrines. [Oh and 2 sets of flush toilets at the Health Hut and the Lodge]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/23/08 11:35 PM
you develope coping strategies for dealing with lats and CTS's - although CTS's only smell when they are churned! My lat coping strategy involved deoderant! And finding ways to use the flushies first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/24/08 04:27 AM
WOW...that is not what I thought it was! Stinky but sounds like a good idea!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/24/08 01:37 PM
What did you think it was?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/25/08 03:52 AM
I thought it was just international abbreviation for a regular old camp toilet! I didn't know there was compost and movement of the poop!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/25/08 12:18 PM
Ahh, british slang for toilet is loo or bog (which I dont use) - now you know!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/27/08 06:41 AM
Thanks!!!! I think... \:\)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/27/08 06:31 PM
I am sure I have just improved your life haven't I - just what you wanted to know!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/28/08 05:51 AM
I'm with you though...I certainly don't miss the smell of our wash house...especially when the toilets are all clogged. It can get pretty nasty!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/28/08 06:03 AM
See there is an advantage to CTS's they dont clogg!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/28/08 10:20 PM
Eew gross
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/28/08 10:40 PM
Plunging is a part of camp Bailey - especially if you end up at a camp with flushies!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/28/08 11:23 PM
Well I'd rather plunge than think of what would happen if I didn't, lol.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/28/08 11:26 PM
Exactly!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/28/08 11:31 PM
Haha see I don't really mind Lats... cause its not like your going to die within 2 mins.... All that you should remember about them is not to drop anything in them... cause you cant really get it out.. not as if you would want to. haha. Plus at our camp we have Kapers... and everyone is assigned to chores around their unit... I always request do to Latrines because you don't have to take a lot of time on them...
Scrub the top... sweep... and bleach the floor... done. it takes 5 minutes... and people don't want to do it. But they aren't really nasty... air freshener. or hold your nose...
clogged toilets I think are worse cause then that toilet is probably out of comission for a bit... haha
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/28/08 11:37 PM
We have Kapers too!

Unfortunately because we have CTS's if anything falls down them they have to be retieved cos mostly likely they are not compostable - luckily I have never had that particular problem to deal with!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/28/08 11:46 PM
Kapers.. hmm sounds Girl Scout-y.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/28/08 11:47 PM
Um... that is ONE thing I don't think I could do... I'd try but... wait... we get ours pumped...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/28/08 11:59 PM
Haha, be warned Bailey, camp can get very messy at times. Last year, there was this girl who decided to vomit all over the pool deck in like 100 degree weather. And lucky me, I happened to be the one who was not busy already and got to clean it up. So, it was a party trying to clean it up and make sure she was okay. Another time, I was the free staff member and the only staff member that wasn't freaked out by loads and loads of blood in the arts room. They were sewing. A group of juniors sewing... And she sliced her hand. She came to me with her hands soaked in blood. My hands ended up the same. Those two times taught me if you ever have a "free moment" something will come soon...hehe
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 12:01 AM
Messy, ooh I'll remember that :]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 12:08 AM
Keep yourself busy... moral of the story. haha
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 12:20 AM
Good moral, good moral.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 12:36 AM
 Originally Posted By: Ave
Haha see I don't really mind Lats... cause its not like your going to die within 2 mins.... All that you should remember about them is not to drop anything in them... cause you cant really get it out.. not as if you would want to. haha. Plus at our camp we have Kapers... and everyone is assigned to chores around their unit... I always request do to Latrines because you don't have to take a lot of time on them...
Scrub the top... sweep... and bleach the floor... done. it takes 5 minutes... and people don't want to do it. But they aren't really nasty... air freshener. or hold your nose...
clogged toilets I think are worse cause then that toilet is probably out of comission for a bit... haha

i'm the same way!! i love lats! best thing ever...especially 'kabooshing'!] do you call it that?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 12:40 AM
OH! I remember where I heard of Kapers! They mention Kapers in my GS camp brochure!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 12:44 AM
Kabooshing? haha is that Kapers? Cause if it is then I'm going to say that from now on... haha people are going to be turning their heads
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 12:45 AM
kabooshing is when you throw 1/2 a bucket of bleach water into the lat stall [lids down, TP out!] and then sweep it out.
you must yell kaboosh at the top of your lungs while doing so!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 12:53 AM
At now at my camp, there are certain "kapers" that are staff only. And there are also some kapers that we make the kids do, however we know perfectly well that will not do it well, and we will have to redo.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 12:59 AM
Kabooshing, I like that word.

Yeah I bet the kids wouldn't clean out the lats!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 01:00 AM
one of the worst kapers is 'pool'.
they have to clean/sweep out the changing room which is always buggy and moist...as well as mulch the compost toilets ick ick
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 01:05 AM
That would be bad.. what would be the easiest Kapers?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 01:06 AM
Camp_Is_Life, you play viola? No way! I play violin.

On a side note, I just got my invitation today to join National Honor Society! Eep! [Hopefully that will look good on my GS CIT app]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 01:09 AM
 Originally Posted By: camp_is_life
kabooshing is when you throw 1/2 a bucket of bleach water into the lat stall [lids down, TP out!] and then sweep it out.
you must yell kaboosh at the top of your lungs while doing so!

AHHH I LOVE IT!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 01:10 AM
Oh and Bailey easiest Kaper is Latrines... Personally
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 01:15 AM
I'll remember that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 02:17 AM
I think the easiest is just the general cleaning, sweeping etc. I think the hardest is the pool (if there is an option). Always the worst in my mind.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 04:24 AM
Bailey: viola pretty much rocks my socks, and NHS is good to have on le resume!

easiest kaper: lats or TPMML. [trees, pavilion, meadow, main lats]
as a unit, the girls clean up our main camp area of trash and the like, and we get the fun of lats!!!!! :]

hiccup![me] loves kabooshing
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 04:56 AM
HAHA gotta love all this caca talk!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 05:46 AM
haha
Wow I really thought that I was the ONLY one that thought about the Lats like that...
Guess not... haha
Lat Lovers Unite
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 01:10 PM
I didnt mind cleaning the CTS's - we just make the campers do it!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 01:42 PM
Very nice. I work as a lifeguard and only ever have the really clean the pool, which is...ummm... grand fun! \:\)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 06:36 PM
I worked at a camp with a summer - and in the post season I helped out at the pool - one of the things I did was diving to save baby turtles or retrieve dead ones and the other thing was vacumming the pool - which was fun! Until I got burnt cos I forgot about the sun reflecting up off the water.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/29/08 10:50 PM
What's caca talk?

Aww, poor turtles!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 12:34 AM
Haha... I decided one day in the beginning of the summer that I didn't really need sunscreen. And I am very pale skinned. I was totally and completely burned. Our equvalence of turtles I suppose are frogs...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 01:46 AM
Yikes.

Every summer on vacation the same thing happens-- the first day of vacation I forget to put on sunscreen. Then I'm really burned, so we spend the next day inside.. then I'm back outside again [with loads of sunscreen] and by the time we return home, I'm super tan.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 01:51 AM
We had frogs too - but that camp was right on the ocean so we had turtles too.

Bailey caca is french for poop!

I am soo pale skinned that even when I am well tanned I just look like a person with normal colored skin! rarely use sunscreen - usually just cover up - but I forgot that day that I was in a swim suit
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 02:03 AM
heck yeah Lat Lovers Unite!!

and i make the mistake once a summer of not wearing/reapplying enough sunscreen, if any...and i crisp like bacon...after that, my skin turns a nice slight tan color, and sunscreen is not always needed.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 02:29 AM
Caca, oh I've gotcha. I don't speak French, I'm taking Spanish.. and I'm not very good in Spanish either [for some reason, I've managed to get through 3 years of Spanish, don't ask me how!]

Crisp like bacon? Now I'm hungry.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 02:31 AM
I dont like american bacon - prefer british/danish bacon! But I could go some just now.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 02:33 AM
i don't like bacon either...for obvious reasons.

[GO VEGGIES!!!!!!!]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 02:37 AM
you dont know what you are missing! I couldnt go veggie - i like my chicken toooo much.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 02:42 AM
I couldn't go veggie because I hate veggies. I love my turkey, chicken, bacon, hamburger, etc.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 02:43 AM
Oh I love veggies - especially Peas! But I am def a white meat person - if I had a choice between roast beef and roast turkey I would pick the turkey!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 02:49 AM
vegetables are the bomb!
my favorites have got to be soy, alfalfa, bean sprouts and spinach!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 02:54 AM
I love peas and button sprouts - while I love chicken and turkey - i will quite happily sit down to a meal of peas, carrots, button sprouts, brocolli, roast potatoes and yorkshire puddings. With gravy and apple sauce! Now I am hungry!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 02:55 AM
ooh i love fruit too!
papayas, pears, peaches, mangoes, apples, oranges, bananas, grapes, cranberries... yum yum.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 02:57 AM
Strawberries and bananas and grapes are my fruit of choice - I dont like pineapple! Also like apples and oranges and raspberries and pears and peaches.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 04:30 AM
PEAS!!! My favorite veggie...
Fruits: Mangos, strawbs, Bananas, pears, grapes, Figgs, WATERMELON!!!!!
PASTA... haha any kind of pasta...

I am also a vegetarian. haha
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 05:02 AM
Yeay another Pea fan! Do you find, like me that you just aren't served the enough at camp? At home I eat them with almost every dinner!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 05:06 AM
We had them a lot at camp...
Haha thats all I would eat sometimes but I ate A LOT of them.
I love peas... haha
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 05:07 AM
Does sausage count as a veggie?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 05:08 AM
haha what?
Sure if you want it to count haha
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 05:12 AM
Good then I AM a vegetarian!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 07:22 AM
On the odd occasion that we did have peas they would be basically what I ate for that meal - cos it was usually on a wierd food day and the peas would be all I liked - with some bread to bulk them out!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 04:07 PM
we only have peas once a session! [on meatloaf night, bleckkk]

i'm not sure why...but i'm our directors intense hate of peas goes into that...oooh she can't stand them, it's so funny!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 07:46 PM
In 2004 I left a note on the chefs desk begging for peas cos we hadn't had any all summer.

Then the assistant chef bought me in a tin of peas - just for me at the staff banquet!
Posted By: marty Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 09:34 PM
I miss the staff dinner at the end of summer
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 10:26 PM
I wasnt very impressed last summer - they served lobster tails and even the start table smelled strongly of fish which I dont eat - and not a pea in sight!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/30/08 11:20 PM
Eew peas.

Sausage is my veggie too! I love sausage!

Lobsters? At camp? I've never had a lobster before.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/31/08 12:46 AM
They were for the staff banquet at the end of post camp! I dont eat any sea food!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/31/08 01:18 AM
i don't eat sea food either!
i'm pretty sure anyone who gives me peas or spinach would be my best friend forever.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/31/08 01:25 AM
I have never actually tried spinich - it always makes me think of Popeye!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/31/08 01:31 AM
haha...i had spinach salad for lunch, and spinach pasta for dinner!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/31/08 02:57 AM
I had sushi.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/31/08 03:37 AM
I had beans on toast - a very lazy british meal!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/31/08 05:17 AM
haha i love that this conversation is about what we ate for dinner...lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/31/08 12:47 PM
Kinda wandered off the topic about what we miss most about camp haven't we!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/31/08 08:46 PM
We happen to wonder off from the topic in a lot of threads.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 01/31/08 10:12 PM
We do wonder off topic \:\)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/01/08 12:37 AM
I guess that is what happens when they become so long!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/01/08 11:22 PM
Lobster is the best, but only if it's real Maine lobster.

I wish I had lobster at camp, that would be amazing!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/02/08 12:13 AM
Only if you like lobster - I cant stand any sea food!

But we also had roast beef so it wasn't all bad!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/02/08 03:53 AM
We have roast beef once a week...it's my favorite meal. As long as the cook keeps it juicy!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/02/08 04:34 AM
haha my favorite meal at camp is veggie lasagna night! [i think everyone else eats spaghetti or something]

the thing i most miss from camp right now: WARM WEATHER! i hate snow and cold and icky icky.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/02/08 05:34 AM
I hate the snow and icky stuff too...

I'm glad it's Feburary because it means MARCH IS COMING!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/02/08 05:47 AM
Yep, can't wait to camp. Sent off my application a couple of days ago. I should get a contract too. I am excited to know my pay this year, lol.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/02/08 06:52 AM
I avoid all things veggie! I thought we established that sausage was a vegetable!
Posted By: marty Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/02/08 07:46 PM
I just miss all things camp
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/02/08 08:41 PM
Sausage is a veggie \:\)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/02/08 10:57 PM
sausage is most definitely not a veggie!
try edamame, spinach, snap peas, alfalfa, bean sprouts! they're so good!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/03/08 12:46 AM
Dang...I've been eating 5 helpings of sausage a day!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/03/08 02:46 AM
You have been eating a lot of vegetables lately then...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/03/08 02:48 AM
I am currently uni searching, and I love Cornell. I was looking through pictures and it is drop-dead gorgeous (waterfalls, rolling hills, rivers, etc). Amazing! It just makes me want to return to camp to the nature more, which makes it one reason why I want to go there so badly. I can live in the nature, while I am not working my behind off, of course...haha- that kindof turned into a college post, sorry.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/03/08 04:10 AM
haha i looked at Puget Sound...and it's sooo pretty! but sososo expensive. :[
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/03/08 04:14 AM
It has been the key to my impecable health!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/03/08 05:18 PM
I wish sausage was a veggie!!

I am a SOPHOMORE in HS and I keep getting mail from different colleges... and I Mapquest them just to determine the distance from the college to the camp I want to go to.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/03/08 05:19 PM
i do the same thing! one of the only things tying me down for schools is camp and Girl Scouts. not my family...but CAMP!
next year will be one of huuuge decisions for me...hopefully not too many.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/03/08 05:40 PM
Yeah, my mom wants me to stay in town for college! I tell her I want to be somewhere different. I think she doesn't want me or my sisters to grow up! Especially she will go from having 3 kids at home to having an empty house... overnight!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/03/08 05:53 PM
The best thing I ever did was go away to uni!

I stayed at home for college and did fine but I had a much better experience being away from home.
Posted By: marty Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/04/08 03:14 AM
I love being away from home to go to school.... I love that indepedence
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/04/08 10:16 PM
SO did I - I think it is something that every one should experience! You learn so much more than just academics.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/05/08 12:40 AM
College isn't about the academics...it's about the experience.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/05/08 12:42 AM
I think academics is a small part of it - but yes it is about the experience as much as the academics!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/05/08 12:43 AM
I consider academics wrapped into the experience.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/06/08 12:56 AM
I think college is academics and social life. As much as I would like to say it is just for the experience, I can't. I have to get amazing grades in college to make it into med. school. But, on the other hand, the experience is everything. It shapes you into you will be for the rest of your life.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/06/08 01:02 AM
Ooh med school? What do you want to be, a camp doctor ;\) J/k lol

I want to be a kindergarten teacher
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/06/08 01:11 AM
Haha... I want to be a neurosurgeon and work for Doctors without Doctors.

That is great!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/06/08 01:21 AM
Doctors without Doctors? Do you mean Doctors Without Borders?

Ooh neurosurgeon, thats nice
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/06/08 01:23 AM
I'm really camp sick. especially this week. In my school we have a HUGE project that we MUST do in order to graduate. We start in 10th grade... and its through 11th and 12th also. Since my HS is a Tech school, we must do our projects on our "shops." I'm in Culinary Arts so I was thinking about how I could tie that into camp. So for my BIG BIG BIG project I'm going to be doing "Food Management for a Residential Summer Camp." I have to go into SO much detail so when it's all said and done I would have the knowledge that I could organize the Food management part and planning. Its going to be amazing. But thinking about it SO much is making me miss home (camp).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/06/08 01:24 AM
Oh, like senior project? Our school has those too.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/06/08 01:28 AM
Yeah like a senior project but more elaborate. Ours is through 10th, 11th, and 12th. For 12th we have to demonstrate our topic... And I have NO clue on how I am going to do that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/06/08 01:33 AM
Haha, yes... I am watching american idol as i wrote that.

We have a new type of senior project. We have to get all this stuff about our lives and do all these little projects (like resumes, etc). Then write a huge paper adn then an interview.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/06/08 03:43 AM
that's really cool!
as far as i know...we don't have a senior project...but i'm sure i have much to learn...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/06/08 03:49 AM
I think that once you graduate, have a family and are removed from college, you will understand what I mean about the "experience". Not to devaluate grades...they are a big part of it, too. It is life preparation.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/06/08 07:21 PM
I dont know I have graduated and still think that the study was an important part - the reason being that if you can learn to apply yourself at uni you can apply yourself to whatever you want - whether it is being a stay at home mum or a neurosurgeon.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/06/08 07:52 PM
i'm ready for college, whatever it brings me.
i can't wait to see who survives their freshman year from my graduating class. or rather, who doesn't.

the lives that the kids at my school lead are ridiculously cushy. a kid got arrested during class for drug possession, and got off with a mere service charge. 10 MIPs were given out at the last school dance, and only 3 of the kids have kept their charges.

i can't believe what our world is coming to.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/06/08 11:57 PM
Oh no. At my HS today, my teacher informed me two students were arrested for doing some inappropriate stuff.... in the hallway!!

Disgusting.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/07/08 12:12 AM
Some students at my school were arrested for baking drugs into brownies. Oh the creativity of those kids. Why can't it be redirected?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/07/08 01:20 AM
Can't understand why they would want to waste brownies that way - but yeah it was very creative!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/07/08 04:45 AM
BK: that is disgusting!

and what an incredible waste of tasty brownies!
Posted By: Giggles Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/07/08 12:20 PM
I was reading the first few pages of this thread and wondering why I was doing this to myself! I was just sitting there reading about other people's camp-sickness and getting more camp-sick each time! Now I need to actually get off the discussion obards since no one else is online and thus no one is replying to my posts, and I need to make effective use of my time, eith do homework or get to bed as it is now 4:15 am and I found the disscussion boards as part of my research paper, and well, you guys probably know how that goes, getting really involved in this after deciding to take a quick peek! oops, that was probably 2 hours ago! ha stupid needing sleep and camp being 5 months away.

I think it is cruel that camps start putting out the brochures and applications and doing interviews a whole 6 months before camp so then for the next few months all you can think or talk about is camp, and your real world friends get sick of it, and then you are camp sick for half the year! I understand why they do all of this stuff now, as far as timing and getting everything done and all that, but it is kind of evil! ha

ok good night, and happy camp memories!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/07/08 02:57 PM
I personally have been thinking about camp since I got home to the UK last september! Have been camp sick for that long too.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/07/08 03:12 PM
Yes, you get that appplication and start talking to CDs in January, and then you have to wait till JUNE to leave for camp. Very, very cruel thing they do to us!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/07/08 03:17 PM
I applied to CA about 2 days after I got home - just long enought for me to start getting over the jet lag! I then had to wait until Dec before I emailed my CD - my camp doesn't usually start hiring until feb! But I had my placement confirmed in January - something like the 2nd jan - have just been waiting to do things like sort my visa.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/07/08 03:20 PM
Thats good. We have to complete evals at the end of the summer and then we have our personal evals of our work done. We know then if we are really invited back. Then, on our eval, we can say if we are interested and not. We get send app. Jan. but I have known that I was going back for a while. I am not sure whenever we get a contract.

Haha, speaking of VISAs... I have to sooner or later chat to my guidance counselor today about finalizing my trip and getting one of those pesky things, lol.

That is good that you have a permentt placement!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/07/08 03:38 PM
Yeah - we were told at our end of summer evals if they would rehire us! Then at the beginning of feb we got cards sent out to all those who were told thus asking if they would be returning - which was funny cos mine arrived a month after I got my placement confirmed! While my friend in the US is still waiting for her card! I am just waiting for my contract to see what I will be going back as - prob the same as last year although I did try to get the CD to create a new position for me dont think that will happen.

The visa's aren't that bad - a bit expensive though but def worth it if it means that I can work at camp.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/07/08 03:44 PM
Interesting. I am so happy that you are happy with everything. \:\) We got a letter and application. But, we talk to the CD a lot.

I am glad to know that. I have this crazy thought that the UK will say I am a danger and a criminal and throw me out of the country into the water and then I will have to swim to France... \:\(
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/07/08 03:47 PM
LOL!

Where in the UK are you headed! I dont think you will have that problem - even if you were a criminal they would just not let you out the airport just put you back on the plane back to the USA.

I spoke to my CD last week which was cool!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/07/08 11:37 PM
These are the crazy thoughts that go through my head while I drive. I am headed towards Oxford area. Haha, okay... I am glad to know that I won't have to swim the English Channel!!

I spoke to the CD once for a quick amount of time. I will have my formal interview soon!
Posted By: Giggles Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/08/08 01:06 AM
We get mailed out returning staff applications in January or so and then once you send it in they call for an interview because all staff get one, no matter how many years, but the returning staff interview is ore like an update on camp and what is new that summer, and an update on you and what is new with you and maybe more kid experiences or something. I am not sure exactly how everything else goes, since I got a combo of the returning and new staff interview and filled out the new staff application, so I guess i will find out next year!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/08/08 03:16 AM
Yep, we all get interviews too. I am actually really looking forward to mine. i am no longer nervous about getting the position or anything, so it will just be talking to my boss about the new summer that awaits!
Posted By: Giggles Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/08/08 07:46 AM
Exactly! I love my interviews because it gives me a time to talk to my boss, who I have known for 6 years both at camp and during the school year, so it is really cool!! She tells me all about the updates around camp and whatnot! Yay camp!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/08/08 05:48 PM
Just talking aboout to camp people that live camp...just like this board!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/08/08 06:30 PM
def makes being away from camp so much easier!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/08/08 08:51 PM
It is, currently I am a little less camp sick, so I am happy! But, it will start up soon!
Posted By: Giggles Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/08/08 09:06 PM
absolutely, I love talking to people all around the world who love camp just as much as i do so no one thinks I am weird or obsessive or anything, or if they think I am weird, they are too!

I love seeing what goes on at other camps too, not just mine. It opens up my mind a little more to other camps ways of douing things. I also love seeing the similarites, like song you would not think anyone else in the world would know, and definitely not love, but there are people who know and love the same songs all over!! YAY!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/09/08 03:28 AM
I miss camp so much...these last four months just seem to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/09/08 04:47 AM
though each day is closer, it can't seem anything except that they are getting longer...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/09/08 05:37 AM
I finally know when I am flying out to camp and that def helps with the campsickness cos I knew exactly when I get to go back! That is in 4 months and 2 days!
Posted By: Giggles Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/09/08 07:11 AM
I like the countdown! my Myspace has a countdown to camp!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/09/08 06:42 PM
I have a ticker on my CA signature and also my talk camp one! I have jet to get around to adding it to my facebook page. 4 months and 1 day. Yipee!
Posted By: marty Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/09/08 09:56 PM
I am getting excited for interviews
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/09/08 09:57 PM
I have a ticker on my computer homepage that says how many days, mintues, seconds to camp. It is actually somewhat depressing, because it is so long!
Posted By: marty Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/09/08 09:59 PM
yeah but camp will come soon though
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/09/08 10:07 PM
Yes, it will! I usually think about it in this way. You can slow down time, but you can never stop it!
Posted By: marty Re: Missing Most from Camp - 02/09/08 10:24 PM
Thats true.... I know I always counted down when I knew I was going to camp
© ACA Message Boards