Rate Thread
Page 21 of 35 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 34 35
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me too! This will be my first summer where I have to fly! I've always worked a camp at home and have filled up my car!!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
Good luck flying.... It may cost more with airlines charging for each peice of luggage

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when you only get 2 letters a summer, but you dont care because nothing is as important as camp.

When your not at camp, you dream about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when u want to talk ur nalgene everywhere u go
when u walk around singing camp songs in walmart
wen u make a game up outside and camp and make it appropriate for camp!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you get to go white water rafting with 7 girls and have a river guide dressed as a pirate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is gonna be a bit off topic, but...

You know you're addicted to the ACA Message Boards when you still hang around hoping for new posts, even though you know everybody else is already at camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When ur not at cam o and you are still yelling at the kids to walk instead of run

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you are stuck at walmartn(with 6 other internationals) waiting for your ride to come back for you and you amuse yourself by singing camp songs! And yell "lake side" when you are walking across the car park and cars come towards you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wen everything u say is related back to camp/camp songs/camp sayings/personal jokes with staff!!!!!
wen u want to run at a counsellor in walmart for running PLEASE WALK!
wen doing nothing feels like its a waste of time and u should be doing something more productive
(for people on mountains) realising u can walk faster and longer from the low altitude
wen drinking normal water out of bottles tastes bad cos uve been drinking from a well system the whole time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When your cure for everything is to drink more water!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When your eyes hurt from crying so much and you only spent two months with the people but it felt like a lifetime

When you are torn between wanting to go home and wanting to stay.... no matter how hard and exhausting it all was

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When camp america sends you a golden rubber chicken in recognition of your prolific posting and more importantly all the help that posting has been to newbies

and when you are soo exhausted you feel sick but still apply to work at another camp which runs after yours finishes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when you are home just for a few days and WANT TO GO BACK LIKE CRAZY!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know you are a counselor when, September 1st comes and you are already planning for when June 1st rolls around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when youve only been away from camp for a week and it feels like forever and ur still sending ur camp friends txts saying how much i miss them!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cute - I still have a week and have already found another job to prolong the camp experience this summer! So you know you counsellor when you try to spend as long as possible at camp!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know you're a camp counsellor when you (sadly) did not attend your camp this summer but still visited these boards, just to hear other people post about theirs... \:\(

Only slightly sad? Ha ha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when you're at home and all you think about is camp because you want to go back

when you are still on a camp schedule at home

when you miss the morning announcements, bed wetters, and silly songs

can anyone tell I miss camp?:(

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when you've been in on discussions of how bean bag toe tag (or whatever game is popular at your camp) should be an Olympic sport.

when your lap feels empty after 8 weeks of having multiple children sitting in it at once.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When all your cloths are wet and your feet are soo dirty they feel like they will never be clean again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when everyone is still adding all of ur camp photos and u were wishing u were still there and how the world would be a better place if everyone knew what song tree was!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when you bump into people in random places and discover you have a camp connection!

When you know how to build 3 different types of fire.

When you get excited over chicken pattie and chicken finger days!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I definitely just had the bumping into people with the camp connection thing going on! I was at Target with another staffer and I was wearing a shirt from my camp and this woman in her 40s or so came up to me and said that she went to my camp as a little girl and she loved it!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok so i havnt been on here in like forever! so if i reapeat something im sorry....

when you know enough CA music to last and entire month and is all on ur ipod/mp3player/or whatever u have

when you go back to school and call the "nurses office" the "infirm" and people look at you weird

when your used to people looking at u weird when it comes to camp stuff

when u trust camp people and only camp people

when u ask "is it june yet?" every day

when u can change any nca song to a ca song by sreaming over it in the camp vans so u can listen to it

when your group makes smores all the time and ur a vegetarian and get tired of eating just chocolate and grahm crackers so u use a slice of banana instead of a marshmallow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when you talk about cedarledge and your CD has been there as a camper!

Page 21 of 35 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 34 35

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard