#101028 12/08/08 01:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi everyone!

I am a new Camp Director, and this camp conducts an extra week of training for Administrative level staff. While I think that this is a good concept, I was wondering three things:

1: Do many of your camps do this as well?
2: If so, do you have a separate admin. staff manual to use during this training week, in addition to the regular staff manual?
3: Any good ideas on how to best use this time with leadership staff?

Thanks in advance for your help, and I hope to check in on this message board frequently!

Jamie

#101311 12/20/08 07:13 PM
L
150 to 200 posts
150 to 200 posts
L
sorry posted in the wrong spot.

Last edited by LukeBK; 01/29/09 06:26 PM.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The camp I work at also has admin training time. They come together two weeks before the other staff arrive. During this time, we bond as an admin team and learn to work with one another.

We also take this time to open up certain areas of camp: office, staff house, unit where staff will live during pre camp. We work together on finishing touches of pre camp, detailed job descriptions and expectations, emergency procedures, and camp shopping. The director also spends one on one time with every admin member getting to know them and working with them in their area.

#102015 01/28/09 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We usually do a spring admin reteat which I am actually planning right now. I have also considered doing an admin staff manual as well. I think it would give our admin team resources to refer to.

So I too would like the opportunity to look at admin manuals if anyone wants to share them. My email is lindsey@campmarymount.com

Also, if anyone can recommend or describe any teambuilding activities specifically for the admin team at our retreat then I would love to hear about them. I am going to focus on these aspects: general icebreakers, communication as a whole, and how to transition from friend to a supervisor role. Thanks.
LD

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard