Rate Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 27 28
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL our thread last year got to I think 49 pages? Let's shoot for 50!
Jeez, I feel like ever since I decided to come back for sure I'm a bazillion times more enthusiastic for this summer than I ever was.
Oh, and don't tell Bunny I'm coming back. She thinks I'm going to Alaska, and I want to try and perpetuate that so I can surprise her at precamp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am going to gate crash again this year since I am not going to camp!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha. oh what a wonderful surprise that will be for bunny... Well, i'm on! woot! I can use some excitement... I HATE FINALS. Ok, so off that I am so glad you are coming back RT! When is your interview?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No camp, Smudge? I think this is a sign of the apocalypse! Who's going to send the poor lost internationals our way?! *gasp* But for reals, good to have ya here.
Torch, I'm not sure when my interview is. I just sent in my application yesterday lol, and I e-mailed Brooke about postponing my interview until my car is driveable. She said that's cool, so my interview will be once we get my headlight and my window replaced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, I'm really happy about your decision, Rosethorn. You won't regret it! What are you applying for, A&C? Program Director? WIT Director, perhaps? \:D

I miss it. It makes me sad not to be going back this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not old enough for WIT Director, silly goomba! You know how I wish I was though...next year, perhaps. This year I'm reprising my role as A&C director, so expect a long list of wanted supplies to send to your mama, Indigo! LOL.
I was looking at my list post from last year, and it's funny because I jokingly said "Maybe we'll have a freakish influx of TP rolls this year" in response to Clementines post about leather. Ironic that TP rolls were indeed the product of abundance last summer. I hope this year it's really nice fabric that I can actually use for projects...Wishful thinking? I think so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosethorn mummy Smudge had minor stroke while I was travelling after camp this summer so I need to stay home and care for her. While we are hoping that I might be able to in 2010 that is a long way away and it is guiding centenary so might stay here and do stuff depending on how well mum recovers between now and then!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh goodness! I'm glad she's all right. Hope you get to camp again soon. I know how much you love it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i hope so too! Good thing I am involved in guiding so can get mini-doses of camp to keep going! And there is always ACA - it is fun to gate crash your thread.

Just before mum had her stroke I had emailed your CD about coming to work there next summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For reals? That's awesome! Then you really wouldn't be a gate crasher lol. You know you want to join us. We're so alluring. \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, it's not like someone else will take your spot Rosethorn, i mean you were a pretty amazing craft director...
and smudge, that would pretty AMAZING! Are you sure you won't be bored?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I am already planning to narrow boating for a weekend next july which I couldnt do if I was at camp and then I will be able to go to guide camp - which is camping in tents on the ground not platform tents (real back to basics camping) - but I will miss camp. You guys will all need to sing my praises to your CD so that when I am able to go to camp (hopefully summer of '10) then she will be desperate to hire me!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
hey guys!! they're back!!!!!!!!! I am also going to hang out on your thread again since there is a serious lack of Camp K staff here! One person signed up, but then disappeared, grr Mystique!

So, that's great that you are going back Rosethorn! Sad that Smusge can't go, but hopefully you all will be able to convince your CD that she wants to hire Smudge in '10. Or I suppose you could convince her she doesn't want to so Smudge can work at my camp! haha

Happy Camping!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cedarledge's winter sleepover is this weekend... Everybody let me know how it goes, and pass on the gossip! I'm creeping in spirit!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a fun way to spend the weekend before christmas!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
that does sound amazing!!! I wish we had one! I think we are supposed to have a reunion thing but I haven't heard anything about it so who knows!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Indigo! I have the gossip!
Since Fiddlecreek is doing just troop and day camps this summer, they're having some three day camps at Cedarledge. And one of them is going to be a Harry Potter/wizard themed camp! Could be fun.
Also, they've opened some volunteer positions at Cedarledge because of the people bitching about the paid positions at Tuckaho. Which means someone could volunteer to be my assistant, so I could very well have some crazy scout mom in my hair for a week. Grrrr...But Speckles said she might volunteer for a week, which is cool, and she would totally respect my space at the 'Stone instead of try to take charge like those Tuckaho moms do, so that's cool.
Also, Superman applied for Program Director, and I'm totally stoked because it's looking like Brooke is going to hire him, and he will be the best boss ever!
I think that's all for now, but I will keep you posted!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have had a HP program at chenoa the last 2 years - it was called wizarding for muggles - I really wanted to do both year but didnt get to even though I had loads of ideas for an awesome program!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHAT? day camp at cedarledge?! How is that going to work? Hopefully I will get wrangler-that should stay pure cedarledge(I hope!) Not very stoked about this change... I feel like an old person resenting change, but i am anything but i liked cedarledge with all paid staff.
Who all was there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not day camp, Torch, lol resident camp programs that last for just three days, like Fiddlecreek used to have.
I'm not sure how many volunteers we'll have at Cedarledge. I think they just want to even things out between Tuckaho and Cedarledge. Not sure how it's going to work, but it'll make for an interesting summer! You'll know it's not going well if I'm at the barn all the time begging for me-time rides lol. They're my stress reliever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, and in answer to your question: me, Starla, Clementine, Superman, Speckles, Magoo, Lucy, Orion, Estrella, Smiles camp director, Smiles lifeguard, Happy, Socks, Froggie, Flame, Kudo, Squeaky, Hershey, Tex, Breeze, Sleepy, Pluto and I think that's all were at the reunion. Oh and Fidget showed up after the gates closed lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, thanks for the gossip! I knew some of it... But don't worry Torch, no volunteers at the barn.

I think it'll be interesting to see how all this works out. You'll have to let me know what happens!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, I will write oodles and oodles of letters. I have tons of Catwoman stationery to use this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey now, don't hate on tuckaho moms. they are going to be my coworkers! (i guess i shouldn't speak too soon, though - i haven't even sent in my app!) but *hopefully* i'll be program director there. and starla is applying for asst camp director. should be a good time. make new friends but keep the old...! lol. also, i don't think all of their volunteers are moms. fyi. haha.

also, council has all the program descriptions up. http://www.girlscoutsem.org/docs/Camp_Restructuring_Program_Information.pdf
wild about animals sounds so cool! and it turns out harry potter camp is a week long thing. i am cracking up about 'junior safari'- what makes it a safari? smiles said there was going to be a princess camp, but i see no such thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The animal one does sound awesome! Maybe they'd like the worm farm craft lol. I wish they would have had these cool camps when I was a kid. And the babysitting one sounds neat, too. We can make kid kits like the Babysitters' Club zomg I feel like I'm in gradeschool again!
Thank God there's no such thing as princess camp! Maybe Smiles made it up to scare us lol.
When I was at Tuckaho, the majority of the volunteers were moms. And they were scary. Hence my fear of a potential arts and crafts assistant. Though I would appreciate some help during the crafty kids and aspiring artist weeks. Those were kind of hellish, especially when White Lamby was there. *shudders*

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 27 28

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard