Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 28 1 2 3 4 27 28
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Kid Kits are awesome! I love the BSC!! Read those books until like 7th grade!! Baby-sitting week sounds like one of the best camps ever!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i went to tuckahoe once.. i had fun but i like cedarledge SOOO much better- Clementine-too bad you and starla are going on the other side, but sounds like a great opportunity! HAHA Babysitter's club! I had 2 movies from them...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, that would be amazing for you and Starla at Tuckaho! Make it your own!

And the Wild About Animals one? Totally an excuse for me to ask to bring my snake and rabbit to camp next year. They definitely need some animals to use for that. But Cheertastic? Hm.

I'm glad they changed the name of After Hours, though. It sounded either a bit boring, or slightly wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We did baby boot camp at chenoa - it was surprisingly popular - all the kids did the ARC babysitting cert and a former counsellor came and visited with her toddler.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, Indigo, Superman and I are already planning a spoof of the SNL cheerleader skit for the session that the cheer camp is there. Go Spartans! More spirit! Man, I'm so sad you're in Korea this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh it shall be hilarious r-thorn, but most campers probably will not get it... Cedarledge let's go! Show me some spirit fingers! 5,6,7,8, who do we appreciate? lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh my gosh, that sounds hilarious. you two and your jokes that go over campers' heads-tacos with sudden surprise, old school snl references...i love it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Superman pointed out at the reunion that we were probably the meanest staff members to the kids' faces, but for some reason they loved us. Like, we used to hide from them so we didn't have to answer their scavenger hunt questions and once we actually ran from them when they tried to stop us on our way to visit the barn lol. If the world made sense, those kids would have hated our guts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"YOU'RE ALL LIARS! I'M SICK OF ALL THE LIES!"
Ahahahaha...
You need to get somebody to make a video of each of your skits. And put them on the Facebook.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ahhhh i wish i had facebook!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha! We made that poor kid lose all her faith in humanity.
The first skit was classic. And the princess skit when Indigo crept on me and I got to hit Superman like three times.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
sounds like some fun skits!!

2 BSC movies cedar? I know I have 1, but I am not aware of a second one! Tell me more!

Sounds like the Chenoa baby-sitting camp was really cool too! I would have loved the randomness of having a toddler visit and i love that it was an old counselor that brought her kid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was a cool program - i was the UL for it and a musical program at the same time - that was an interestint challenge but we found ways to link the 2 programs when were together.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Idon't know completely how the UL thing works at GS camps, but our UCs, with the exception of our 4th-6th grade girls unit, have 2 units that they are in charge of all summer. The 2 older boys units, the 2 older girls units, and then the youngest boys and girls units all have the same UC. Oh, and the special needs unit has its own UC.

impressive that you guys already have 2 pages in 4 days! or, have started the 2nd page at least!

Last edited by campkgurl; 12/23/08 08:38 PM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I vaguely remember one BSC movie. I can't really recall much plot other than Claudia being in summer school and Stacey not telling a guy she was diabetic. All I vividly remember is lots and lots of '90s hair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha babysitters club- the 2 i had were not the movie, 1 was about stacey, christmas and a diabetic slip, the other about someone telling club secerets.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
oh ok, I was wondering if it was something like that. I wasn't aware they had movies of the books like that. Totally cool! I might have to see if I can rent one or find one extremely cheap at a thrift store or something, just to see the hilarity of it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure about cederledge but the ULs at chenoa were usually incharge of one program a session and it changes from session to session just like it does for the UAs.

I have never read a BSC or watched the movies - i think mainly cos my sister did and I tried to avoid doing anything she did!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ULs at Cedarledge are pretty much just glorified counselors. The only thing they do different is that they make the schedule in addition to what the counselors do. They have one unit, which is usually just one program, for a two week session.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds pretty much like what I did although usually we didnt have enough ULs for the number of programs we offered so we would have to double up programs which could present some interesting challenges.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
that would be crazy to be a UL for two diferent programs! It's easy enough for our UCs, but for a UL with campers, wow!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We double up now and then, or have floating counselors... That's pretty rough on them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is - especially when you have to juggle not enough counsellors and 2 were different programs - and then add flooding cabins, constant rain and one your UAs who has special needs - that was a hard session but one of my fav of last summer!

Happy Christmas everyone!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, Merry Christmas Cedarledge friends and others! Have a great time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i had a dream about camp last night. It was quite interesting. I also dreamt my Mom bought me a new horse named selena and she was at camp. DEFINETlEly a dream. Theb i woke up and felt bad, because my horse is a one horse per owner type of a horse if that makes since.

Page 2 of 28 1 2 3 4 27 28

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard