Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you wonder why the hands up isn't working-in public

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
when the words "gecko" and "rock salt" automatically make you think of camp!

when you see a fairy costume at the Halloween store and really want to buy it, but since you have no party to go to or kids to trick or treat with you don't buy it. You also think of how fun it would be to dress like a fairy at camp, but then realize that the kids would all know it was you and you just might ruin their belief in such things. So you sadly don't buy the costume!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally think you should get the custom.

When you need something quick and easy for tea so cook camp food.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I don't know if I have already said this one or not, but here goes

... when you actually wake up to a little kid whispering next to your bed and not even touching your shoulder or head, "Teacher, I had an accident."

... when you are also in what I call responsibility mode (as I was in the above one) and you wake up to a child coughing the one time it turns into a little throwing-up.

I know this one has been used generally and in many forms, but here is another form of it
... when you go on a mission to compare a poem in your literature book to a camp slow song and actually find something and use it in your comparison paper for class!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
- when you know what movies are camp appropiate or not
- when a commerical reminds you of somthing at camp
- when you watch camp movies to get your camp fix in the off-season
- when you do head counts with your friends and your non camp friends think your weird for doing that

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
- when you have camp related/appropriate play lists of songs on iTunes
- "are you ready for the summer" (theme tune from Meatballs) is your ring tone (That's me)
- you assemble a mental packing list during Christmas dinner
- you put off a real job opportunity for another go at camp

(specific to me, at least I think so) - you start making a camp wardrobe to go with you rag doll.

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
- when you wtach camp movies to get psyced for filling out your application- putting off getting a real job for camp (yep thats me)- when you think of a camp name for yourself at random times of the day- when you think of the song "are you ready for the summer" from Meatballs every time you visit a camp website- When your friends ask you if you liked the movie Meatballs you ask which one- when you ask for birthday/holiday gifts, you want pratical things you can use at camp or gift cards for stores close to camp like Wal-Mart or Target instead of things you can use for the other 9-10 months out of the year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I this was a good and a fun thread so decided to bump it!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I think that is a good plan Smudge! I love this thread too and i have some of my favorites in a word document saved on my computer! It's like 13 pages long!

...When you sing camp songs for more than an hour straight on your 5 hour drive back to school after break. Or when you are driving somewhere and try to see if you can fill the entire drive with camp songs! This workds well in terms of fun and whatnot, but also helps me keep the songs at the tip of my tounge for camp since I don't sing them as much in the school year.

...when the rest of the staff on camp go to coldstone on the last night and take up the entire place AND (this is the crucial part) when they start singing their Zippedy-do-da tip song that has lyrics to go along with tipping, you all start singing the real song while they are singing and thus overshadowing them. I hope the person who tipped them wasn't too mad that she didn't get to hear the tip song! (I'm pretty sure it was someone not from camp that tipped them) oops! It was fun though!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
-- when people at the local stores know that camp started by the fact that we buy things only needed at camp

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
.... When the local Wal-Mart knows camp is running because the announcements start - "Sunshine to the information desk" "Could Dirt please return to the parking lot"

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
....When the Target employees hear the Camp Staff doing a game of Marco Polo in the store..

...When an annoucement is made at Target like " Would all staff members in Mohawk report to the front of the store"...

...When camp staff start signing "Are you ready for the Summer?" in Target...

.... When you say you cant buy that DVD because it is not camp appropiate...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When complete stranges walk up to a bunch of internationals and ask them if they need a lift back to camp! (yeap that happened last summer!)

When wearing the same cloths as your friend is not a fashion disaster

When you can give random gifts and know they will be appreciated!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
.... When you call IHOP for reservation for 15 people and instead of giviing your real name you give you cabin names

when you think random trips to Target is taking a break to the REAL world

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you would rather be on here than doing your university course work!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when you go out with your friends and they say to you remeber no camp songs tonight
what can I say I love camp songs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...when you have a bad day you think of camp/sing camp songs to make you feel better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you stand at the bus stop waiting for the bus humming Alice the camel!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...when you go out with friends and count everyone to make sure no one is missing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you come on this board for something to do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
camp friends had a get together and I couldnt make it, so they sent me a s'more in the mail.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
oh man, that's hilarious, camp insanity!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you spend 78 dollars to have your friend send smores to new zealand because you were going camping and could not go camping without smores!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
When you start planning your activities that you are teaching months in advance

when you start to buy stuff for camp when the summer stuff comes out

when you watch Meatballs and Summercamp to remind you of the good times at camp

when you get invited to a staff only facebook group for your camp

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When talking about brownies who dont sleep on a pack holiday you talk about how you dealt with campers who wouldnt sleep and how they only ever did it one night during a session (change the days plans to as many active activities as poss - swimming, free swim, boating, field games, hikes and more field games and the bare min of me time - trust me they will only need that once and they have learnt without being shouted at!)

Page 24 of 35 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 34 35

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard