Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mmm girl scout cookies. delicious.

speaking of gs cookies, do people ask you about them every time you say you work for girl scouts? like, 'oh, the girl scouts, do they pay you in cookies?'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha Yes! Actually that has happened to me before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont get paid in cookies but I get loads for free

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah taking cookies from the kitchens under the cover of darkness....

I miss thin mints. There just isn't a UK equivalent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard that, but more often I get asked if I'm a volunteer. I sure am not!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've never been asked if i get paid in cokies, but the volunteer question: yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i just can't recall any time where i have encountered a girl scout cookie at camp. they sure don't have a stockpile of them in the fridge! i wish they did. girl scout cookies would make an excellent prize, i think.

hmm, i think people have asked me if i was a volunteer, too, but more so because they didn't realize camp counselors get paid in general.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sometimes we've gotten them for snack. But they always seem to run out (or the staff devour!) of the good ones. I remember the summer of All Abouts...

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Kind of along the same idea, for summers we used to get Camp Fire mint patties instead of hershey's with our s'mores and they were amazing! I don't know why we stopped but one summer the hersheys appeared and the mints disappeared, which made me sad. Or maybe they just had an overabundance of mints left one summer, I don't remember as this was years and years ago.

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that sounds so good- minty smore's. yum

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
absolutely amazing! Especially because our mints have the creamy soft mint filling in them, not the cookie-ness of GS mints, though those are absol-freaking-lutely amazing as well!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: Clementine
i just can't recall any time where i have encountered a girl scout cookie at camp. they sure don't have a stockpile of them in the fridge! i wish they did. girl scout cookies would make an excellent prize, i think.

We had loads of them at chenoa - but they were kept under lock and key so we couldnt pinch them - we often had them for desert at lunch time pack outs and cook outs - and we could usually get away with reqw'ing on extra box - and we would ration them to make sure that every one got some and no one had too many - summer just isnt summer with out thin mints - I am going to miss them this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I get annoyed because no camp people are on facebook right now. So I remember this site and decide to check if maybe someone still writes on here.
So before I even get a chance to search for Cedarledge, here you all are, lol.

So I've made an impulsive decision to apply for this summer. I'm blaming all the Camp quizes circulating on facebook. And the fact that I won't have a job or a place to live come June.

I'm nervous! Who that I know will actually be there next year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should go to camp - I am sure you will have a wonderful time! and welcome to the boards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone except me! And Kit-Kat. And Bird. We're all in other countries for the time being. What are you going to be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I suppose a UL. Naturally I would love to be CIT director or even WIT director, but those jobs have been taken. I dunno what else is available. I called and left a message inquiring about job openings, but haven't heard back yet. I talked to Bunny on the phone though, and she convinced me to apply.

I'm very nervous, which is silly, but still! I haven't been to camp in years now, so what if I show up and think "yuck, this was a mistake." I'm out of practice with all things campy, including no A/C and being dirty all the time. It'll be weird because this is the first time I've gone without already knowing half of the staff!

Plus I'm nervous about the fact that I was fired from there a few years ago. What if they don't hire me back?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went back to camp after 2 years and didnt have a problem.

As for the firing thing - I guess it would depend on the reason you were fired - I have heard of people being fired and going back to the same camp!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
At my last camp, someone was rehired the following year after being fired. Just as long as you learned from the reason you were fired and dont repeat it, they could hire you back again. It does happen at other camps.

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG guys camp is creeping up on me hardcore! I can't believe we only have like two and a half months.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ahh going back to the cookie thing , i woul cry if i went to camp and they had cookies , im going to camp to get away from them .
i work at millies cookies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
girl scout cookies are completely differnt from anything you can get in millies!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, guys? I have a problem with logging onto the boards, finding there are 137 new posts and NONE of them are for Cedarledge. This makes me sad.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
that is a very sad predicament!

My issue has been that every time I log on I find myself spending an hour on here just catching up and also having to finish up with the new posts since I want to be able to read them all and not leave some out. I need to pack up and head home today but I won't leave until like 2 because I got on the boards! Silly me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry - rose non of the cederledgers have been on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know! I don't actually read every post, but there's been a huge surge of activity, and it has not been from Cedarledge. Sad! \:\(

Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard