Rate Thread
Page 13 of 28 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 27 28
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It took me a minute to figure out what a "yearm" is, Torch. LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh wow...I remember Stretch. I thought she was from England. I never really talked to her. Haha - I'm dumb! Wow...

But yeah - I do love our international staff! \:\) I think it's good for the campers to experience people from different cultures. Although I'm sure the "Do you have ___________ in England/Germany/etc.?" questions get annoying!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If can be but it can also be really funny - the best one I have ever been asked is "do you have electricity in England?"

And also "do you know ******** they are from England?" like England is a little village were everyone knows everyone else!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
Thats a good one-- When I worked in New Jersey I was asked if I knew ****** because they live near Chicago-- Hello people Chicago area is huge!! That question was from a fellow american.

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I love that campers are so naive sometimes, both with the thinking that you should know anyone that came from the same place you did and with the "do you have..." quesitions!!

When a camper asks you if you know someone from the same country as you, you should answer in a question "Do you know (a former staff member they don't know, or someone from a previous camp)? They live in the USA." You could also even narrow it down to state or city if you feel like it!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best was in 07 when I had to explain to one of the camp nurses the dfference between Scotland, England, Ireland and Wales - and she was old enough to have a 16 year old!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
At my last camp, I told the campers in my cabin where I was from, and when we did a quiz show thing in our cabin before they went to bed, some of the campers came up with cities or states that were no where close to what I told them. I was told that I lived in Flordia, Califorinia, St. Louis - that was at least in the same time zone and even was told I lived in Canada

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids are funny. I am from Saint Louis, Missouri and my Unit Leader was from England. And we are pretty much the same person...except that she's four years older than me and you know - grew up halfway across the world! However, we managed to convince our campers that we were sisters and our parents were divorced and she went to England with our mom and I stayed in Saint Louis with our dad (Parent Trap anyone?) but we were sisters and I was so excited that she was visiting me for the summer. Haha. We kept it going so long because it was halfway through the summer and knew each other so well. But it was just funny that since the campers had no concept of England such that we could convince them we were sisters. Haha. It was pretty fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That sounds really funny!

I convinced a camper that we had camp names because one of the requirements of working at the camp was the we were all called Ermintrude - and that it would be confusing trying to know who was being talked to - so we all had camp names. And the only male member of staff had a camp name so he didnt feel left out and cos he didnt like his name which was engleburt, even one of the program managers went along with this story and the girl spent the rest of the session calling coda engleburt! much to his confusion!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha! It's just too fun tricking campers like that. I love doing silly stuff like that. It makes the summer a lot funnier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definately - what would summer be without pranks and jokes and fun!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
I like the pranks as long as they are the harmless ones

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right...pranks have been "banned" at our camp due to some problems a few years ago. But people are still permitted to do fun, silly pranks like boxers up the flag pole, TP-ing a unit (as long as they clean it up!), hiding bikes of older girls (CIT's and WIT's --- not our younger girls!), etc.

Rosethorn's CIT group put an old toilet in the middle of a meadow in the center of the camp. That was hilarious!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We filled our directors yurt with over 400 balloons in 07! It was really funny cos half the staff were in on it including members of the ad staff!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
Thats a good one Smudge.? The toilet thing, I dont think that would be allowed at any camp I been at

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had a prank war running with another counsellor. Can't remember how it started but it ended with us in front of the camp director soaking wet bemoaning her putting pickles on my bed and attracting the raccoon and me hiding her stuff all over camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At my previous camp we had the golden flushie which spent half the summer roving all over camp!

And last summer we had a frog garden ornament that I moved around tent city (where the add staff lived) - the best was the first night he got bored with the garden and went to visit tent city - cos we were on our overnight and me the CIT intern left the other counsellor who was asleep as were all the girls and went to do this cos we had a bit of rubbish day and needed cheering up - to get to the garden we had to get past the office so crept around the back of the program center, grabbed froggy, then ran to the road to the upper units and didnt stop until we got to tree cover - then down the path that came out at the edge of tent city - ran through tent city stopping only long enough to put froggy on the porch of the CDs yurt and then onwards to next unit were we could cut through under the cover trees - back down the road to the upper units and then another dash from tree cover to the back of the program center and then back to the unit. When we got back to our tent we couldnt stop laughing. And then we moved the frog around that uni!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
You have some good pranks, the most I ever saw was a volunteers underwear onthe flag pole or the Arts & Farts ( ask Arts and Crafts Building) getting TP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the underwear things as a 13 year old guide - is a bit old now!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
Yeah I know--- Our pranks were pretty lame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh- sorry rosethorn. yearm= year \:\) typo!
oh- i loved the toilet prank from a couple years ago!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
The toilet prank sounded like a good one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My CIT group flipped all the picnic tables on camp, ran boxers up both flag poles, TP/silly string the AWITs (our oppsites on camp), hid the WIT bikes and helmets all over the areas near their unit, and took the screen doors of the porch of the health lodge and put them around the flag pole. It was pretty fun!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
Thats good. I wish my camp would have done that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hehe!

Last summer one group brought a table and benches down from the dinning hall and set it up on one of the float ing docks - and set it up complete with crockery and silverware! And the summer before my buddy checkers (life guards in training!) and the life guards took the boats - one at time - to visit one of the ADs who had been the waterfront director when she had last been at camp (serveral years previously) - the worst was a a big yellow escape that I had to help them get back in the water - even though I had a dodgy arm! But it was fun!

Page 13 of 28 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 27 28

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard