Rate Thread
Page 16 of 28 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 27 28
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means I just don't want to incriminate her, lol. She kept saying how she was a "good camper"...except for that, lol. That's a pretty big "except".

RITs are the "Roughing-it" group. They're great! They have a sleep out every night, cookout every day, and do lots of campy stuff. The group is usually on the small side, and there are no super-young girls.

"Hike up the seven hills at camp, sleep under the stars and
participate in team initiative games. Campers cookout two
meals each day as well as swim and horseback ride. An
adventurous field trip outside of camp may be included too."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah we had similar programs - fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats funny we have roughin it and we also have wits and rits wits are wranglers in training and rits areriding instrustors in training

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hm, what's the difference between wranglers and riding instructors?
We had LITs (lifeguards in training) for a few years. The program kind of died, but it sounded pretty cool. Way back in the day the LITs were leaders in training, which I think was a coverall for those who didn't specifically want to be counselors. That evolved into the CIT and eventually WIT programs, but not every CIT ends up as a counselor, and not every WIT will be a wrangler.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember the last year we had LITs...they were kind of a mess, lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wit is to learn how to work with the horses and rit to to teach others about horses
we also have a lit leaders in training at one point we had chalenge instructer in training so we called it chits but it did not last long
we are starting a lifeguard program this year hopefully it will do well we can alway use lifeguards

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am going to change the subject a bit and ask if any of you lovely cederledgers would like to join in our summer camp/guiding/scouting badge exchange? If so just PM me an address to which you want people to send badges and if there is anyone you really dont want to have your address!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Smudge...can you explain it? I was confused when I read your posting...I think I'm just not processing information that isn't for my classes lately!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basiclally we swap badges - you know the sew on ones with your camp name/logo on. Guides then sew them onto a camp blanket, my friend in NH sews them on to her GS vest.

I am going to collecting names and address until 19th april and then will send a list out to everyone who wants to take part. Then you send your camp badge to people on the list and they send you their camp badge or in my case scottish guiding badges.

This is part of my camp blanket:

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, that's cool! I dig the hippie Chenoa one lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont have any of them left Rose but we have some very cool scottish guiding ones and centenary ones!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well not gonna lie...I am WAY too uncoordinated and un-crafty to ever be able to make a blanket like yours Smudge. Yours is awesome! However, I would LOVE to send anyone who wants one a Cedarledge badge!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That blanket has taken alot of work - some people just sew their badges onto a plain blanket and then others make them fancy like me.

I would love a cederladge badge! Just PM me your details!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh oh Oh me me! Can I have one? I've been hearing sooo much about Cedarledge I want to go there too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um...it just hit me that we have less than two months until camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsflash: Just ran into Spam (she was a CIT with me if any of you recall...), and she is seriously considering applying for this summer. Apparently Cedarledge is the place to be for college grads with no jobs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: Rosethorn
Um...it just hit me that we have less than two months until camp.

I am sooooo jealous!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gah! Only two months left and I haven't been hired yet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its the girl scouts I would not worry I got hired two days before staff training Ive know people to get hired during staff training

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I know there were at least three open UL positions after Megan got hired, so there is hope. Stop freaking out, Willow! :P

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long ago did Megan get hired? I can't help freaking out, I'm too excited to not get hired!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About a month ago, I think?

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Though I am not as jealous as Smudge, I am definitely jealous that you have 2 months left and I have closer to 3.

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But you get to stay at camp longer than them if you are staying for fall OE!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
true, very good point! Although that is going to be almost too much work to be worth it! Almost!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
Page 16 of 28 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 27 28

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard