Rate Thread
Page 18 of 28 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't all bad, I did learn a bunch of new things and try things I couldn't have done at Cedarledge (like teach horseback riding, lol).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked it up - it looks like a very pretty camp - but I guess it would have been strange being at a camp that wasnt a GS camp - did you grew up at GS camps? And learning new stuff is always good! The way I look at it is that is that if you learnt something from it is wasnt a wasted summer (delevoped that attitude after the summer I worked at a camp I didnt enjoy working at!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd been to some day camps, but Cedarledge was the only resident summer camp I've attended.

Yeah, I try to stay positive about that stuff too. Plus I wasn't getting on too well with my parents in high school, and it was a complete 180 after that summer. I guess I'd had all the independence I wanted, lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On another note, I've left a message at council twice now about my application, and haven't heard back. I've tried calling a few other times and no one ever answers. I don't want to over-do it on the calls, but I'm getting very impatient here. I'm going to be jobless and homeless in two months, so I really need to figure out my plan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hm, i've heard brooke is out of town, so perhaps that is why

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that stinks though, good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to stay in missouri and work at a girl scout camp we have three camp over in the kc area well ones in ks we have a camp for 1-4 grade in kc, mo a hors camp for 5th and up in north kc,mo and a lake front camp for 5th up in topeka ks it a great coucil

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I had fun last year waiting for my call (not). My CD was out sick, out of town at ACA and some traveling, and i tihnk she was also busy with everything else she had to do. I think that, while they don't keep me waiting until May or anything like that, I am a little low on their priority list since they know that I know I am hired and going to come back. I think it works that way with a lot of the returners, at least ones who have been there for more than 1 summer since my roommate still hasn't gotten the offical call, though she has gotten an email. Of course, her interviewer is also the OE director, so that makes a little more sense.

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks c-dog. I was looking at the site for those camps yesterday. How is the CIT program? I saw the CIT director job is still open, and that would be fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a good program the girls have training for a week or so at on the the camps very simalar to staff training then they do shadowing at all three camps were they just spend a few hours with a counselor and a group of girls then they get assined a couselor and they spend a session at one of the camps as kind of a co counselor. we have a lot of cit come back as couselors and they are alway awesome. good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My friend Whitney applied around the same time as you, Willow, and she hasn't heard back either. She applied for health aide, and I know they're still looking for one. So they could just be behind the game at council right now. That's the one thing that bugs me about council; they can be pretty disorganized sometimes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think thats across the board. Any council is disorganized.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there was a aca confernce last week so they could be busy with that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I'll try to be more patient. Everything is just getting weird right now with the end of the semester and graduation looming. I really just want to be able to say I have *something* organized and planned out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brooke went to the ACA conference with Happy and Smiles last weekend. They got a big group of aplications at once and J Mo gets them first and then they go to Brooke. So they're busy...but still hiring!! So don't worry yet! \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know how you feel I was spazing about getting rehired everything will work out in the end we have had ul postions open up untill the end of staff training

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A big group of applications?! *swoon* (that's right, I SWOONED!)
That's a big group of competition! And I have a whole list of ideas for when I'm UL, so I will just feel silly if I don't get hired!

...That does make me feel less anxious though. Thanks Magoo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like we might have pretty close to a full staff this year! Sounds like it'll be good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
plus volunteers!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh Willow - don't swoon! They're getting apps for Cedarledge, Fiddlecreek, and Tuckaho -- and since Tuckaho is like Cedarledge this year...well they need our staff x 2 plus Fiddlecreek. So it's all good! Don't worry. And Brooke responds much better to e-mail than phone calls - so try that!

And we should have full staff this year - I am so pumped!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shwat? Full staff? *faints with joy*

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know - it's crazy! But it's only April and we already have a lot of staff...just look at our Facebook group! And I think some of my friends down here are applying to be counselors. It would be so cool to actually have extra staff at the beginning of the summer to account for any people that leave during the summer.

What if we actually have like 50 staff during 4th session!?! WOAH!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosethorn, has Bunny discovered you are coming back to camp yet? Weird, because I was planning on not telling her that I got hired and surprising her at pre-camp too, lol. Lets all gang up on Bunny!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*ok, assuming I get hired.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered