Rate Thread
Page 19 of 28 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 27 28
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I told her at Speckles' wedding. She pretty much squealed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. I calmed down for a few days, but thanks to my parents I am back to stressing out about my post-graduation plans...or lack thereof. They want me to find some place in town that I can rent on a month-by-month basis and stay at my part time job since it's in my field....But I'd make twice as much working at camp, and I would be happier. Its really no contest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, if I get hired I'm not telling her. I guess you guys will be the only ones to find out, so hush hush! I think I can keep a quasi-secret for two months (probably one by the time I'm hired?).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they are still looking for counselors, so at least there's that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh man, it's getting so nice and warm here, and I looked at my calendar and saw that precamp starts next month!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I go to camp in like 48 days for Ad Staff Week!! I'm SOOO pumped!! Yay camp!

And Cedarledge for sure needs more counselors - we just got an e-mail update! \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Captain Hook (my little sister) is trying to persuade my brother's girlfriend to work there this summer. She's a troop camper... I think she's working on her application right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Whitney's got an interview either this week or next week. She'll be a good nurse or UL or whatever she gets hired as lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still haven't heard anything. I'm starting to work on making other plans for the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Willow last year my friends GS camp in CT was desperate for good staff I am sure it will be the same this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What camp is it? I researched camps a bit the other day, and they all seemed weird in one way or another... Maybe it's because I was looking in California though? I'm considering just moving back with my parents and taking a class at the community college to help supplement my resume. Not nearly as exciting as if I were hired for Cedarledge though...very depressing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Camp Candlewood! It had some issues in previous years but they made some major changes and improvements last year and are still working on them - last year they had no returning staff and I dont think many are returning this year either! So they would def benefit from experienced staff!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm trying to get ahold of Bunny to see if maybe she forgot to mail my reference. That's the only excuse I can come up with for me not hearing from Council yet. In other news, it turns out I am quite afraid of severe storms when I am alone. To be fair, this is a doozie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awe poor you! Sending you hugs! Hope that the Storm isnt too bad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Willow...maybe you should try e-mailing Brooke. She responds to e-mails faster in my experience. But I wouldn't be nervous - they still need counselors for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gah! A tornado formed minutes after it passed by my apartment, and the storms only got worse when they cleared my area. Literally 4! tornados all lined up just east of me! Luckily I work at a news station a few blocks away, so I just watched that channel and made sure they were not seeking shelter. If they are OK so am I.

Magoo...I got a letter last week saying they recieved my app and would call me if they want to interview me. I am afraid it may have been one of those "don't call us, we'll call you" things. Plus, I really really really want to be a unit leader! Ideally, RIT unit leader! I have lists of ideas!! LISTS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That sounds scarey - I have always wanted to see a tornado but from a distance!

They might get back to you soon! But if not then another camp would snap you and your lists!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ad Staff week starts in like 45 days! And the other day it smelled like summer outside (please tell me you all understand that -- the guys in the apartment next to mine did not get that concept).

But anyway --- I am SO excited for camp! It's SOO close!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally get you magoo! And so far we have only managed it to smell like spring - but it is odd when it is 5pm and it feels like/smells like a spring morning!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm so glad someone understands what I mean when I say it "smelled like summer" - I can't explain that because to me summer just has a distinct smell. It's amazing to smell it when I wake up in the morning and drive to work. It makes me so excited!! When it stays light out longer, smells like summer, and I can smell people bbqing and such - it just makes me so happy that summer is almost here!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the smell of BBQs it makes me think of camp - one of the camps I worked at had an all camp BBQ on incoming day. And one of the best things about the approach of summer is that I get to go to and from Brownies in the light!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I know what you mean too Magoo! It makes me happy too!!! I love it!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
I love BBQ's ... we used to have one every day at my last camp I voluntered at

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love smelling like a campfire at night... Mmm! And the smell of the leaves and grass in the hot sun, or the smell of a sudden rainfall! Yum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is only one thing better than smelling of camp fire and that is smelling of chocolate based cooking - unless you manage to merge the 2 and cook chocolate over a camp fire!

Page 19 of 28 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 27 28

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard