Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 35 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 34 35
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Wow, stormy! That manual sounds like the Ultimate Manual!!!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is a work in progress. \:D

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
Yeah I got many new ideas from this site and Ultimite Camp Resource.

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when you hear the phrase "we're all in this together" in a movie and it start you singing "we're all in this together" from HSM cos you did it with your musical campers last summer!

When you get and email with this title "New Dinners on a Stick!" and get all excited thinking that it is food that can be cooked over a camp fire on a stick - and are then disappointed to discover it is actually Kabab recipes!

Last edited by Smudge; 04/13/09 12:22 PM.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You learned the dance moves for'We're all in this together' by watching the youtube vids over and over.

K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
Stupid question Mashnut but does lak have a high school musical theme week cuz i know northwoods does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea HSM and Disney (which will be essentially the same week twice) weeks! Honestly not that enthusiastic about it, my Brownies had a couple of HSM nights and we did the dance then.

I was hoping to get my hands on an adult sized HSM cheerleader outfit but they only do kids ones (for good reasons I guess!).

K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
I guess it's a good thing I'm so tiny. I swear I was created to wear kids clothes for the rest of my life! Although I think it's kinda stupid for northwoods to be doing an HSM week considering it's the "older" girls camp.

I'm ridiculously excited for the disney week. I will kill anyone in disney version of scene it. I own every disney movie ever created.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh gosh. You all have just made me realize a new fear for camp - an HSM week. Or a Twilight week!

dont get me wrong, I know the girls LOVE IT but they would probably be my LEAST favourite weeks of camp.

K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
Twilight week would be hard...I like it but for VERY different and not camp appropriate reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a friend with child sized feet and she can get both feet into one of my shoes! I was not designed to fit into clothes smaller than tent size.

I know all of the words to Under the Sea but after that I kinda run out of songs. I wouldn't be good competition! HSM for everyone! Either you'll have a load of fans that week or none at all. Be interesting to see how that goes.

I'm looking forward to Underwater Adventure week. That will be fun, I've got some good ideas for that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont even know if we have picked our theme weeks yet or not - I assume we haven't though because we dont have a full confirmation on a program director \:\(
I don't think we'd actually have a twilight week, but...the thought terrifies me.

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
I dont think twlight week would go well at my new camp. In fact I dont know if they do theme weeks.

K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
I wouldn't want to hear my campers talking about the inappropriate things they want to do to edward. My little cousin, whose 12 likes to talk about the things she'd like to do with him. Kids are growing up faaaaaaaar too fast. When I was twelve our idea of a date was sitting together at lunch or hold hands at recess.

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
I know what you mean. I had campers at my last camp describe the female anatonomy preetty frankly. They were only 8 years old

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O.O

when I was their age, Titanic came out. Apparently all the boys understood what happened in the Model T car, but I did not. It remained that way until I was maybe 13.
Thankfully I have yet to hear my campers talk like that - but I know it happens. I just got lucky maybe? Let's hope for another year where I don't need to address those situations.

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
I just hope I dont hear campers saying that they want to do the hokey pokey with a female camper or have to deal with a camper coming out at camp.

K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
Thank god I'm at an all girls camp i don't know what i would say if a camper wanted to do the hokey pokey with someone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try 2 members of staff coming out at camp! That was a more interesting aspect!

My Brownies talk about boyfriends (I never thought like that at their age). I try not to get involved cos I could go too far with the explanations and get shouted at by parents.

K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
I would expect staff to come out before campers would.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn't happen with the younger campers at least. Might with some of the older ones.

We've had kids as young at 13 come out at school. It's possible.

K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
A lot of the times they won't come out because the sessions are so short, it mostly happens after the session is over via emails or letters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Positive female role models must help! Which is why we are counsellors!

K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
TRUE STORY. Even as a camper my last year... I was 17 at the time the younger girls would clamber all over us and want our addresses and emails and such. It's so much fun to watch them grow up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's amazing! Wow....

There was a CIT who looked to me for support that summer and I couldn't help her. I'm vowing to look after the CITs better this year even though I'm not CIT director or anything.

Page 27 of 35 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 34 35

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard