Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 28 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 27 28
K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
I would have cracked up. Probably to the point of completely losing it. And laughing with my ridiculously unattractive squeaky laugh.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
oh man, that's hilarious! I love that they didn't realize what they were saying and that it was funny!

adult humor is hilarious in behind the scenes camp stuff and a good way to release the stress and constant talk of little kid stuff. However, I do agree with Smudge that it is not for everyone and that there are other ways to get that release of stress without going into adult humor! Although, some adult humor isn't bad, just something that the little kids wouldn't understand!

Sometimes just laughing at the funny things your kids say and do works well! like one of my campers a few years ago said, "I know Jesus' birthday. Easter!" My fellow counselor and I just started laughing and saying how ironic that is! I mean, I suppose it's better than the kid saying Good Friday, and He rose on Easter, so it's a different kind of birth I suppose! But Easter is still connected with His death considering He died 3 days prior to the first one!

Anyway, I am sure I told you that funny moment before, but it does prove the point that kids are hliarious! Like in the That's what she said joke!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For example
Camper - "we're a three-some."
Staffer - "no you're too young."

Oh Truddy..... please please Truddies!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now listen, Cedarledge friends. It's been a few days! So let's bring up a new topic... What are you doing right now to prepare for camp? Have you started packing yet? Any hopes and dreams of where you'll live?

(and wow, do I really have 800-900 posts? I never post that much on any message board! I guess that shows how important camp is to me!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
camp is important isnt it - even though we are not going we still are in here posting and advising!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Indigo I know you would be completely packed by now...seeing as I'll be at camp in 30 days! However being at school and all I haven't done a single thing to prepare. I'm a last minute buyer and packer - always have been! I'm getting super excited though!

And I'm hoping to live in Guest House...well not really. I'd rather live in a tent in a unit with some kids. I'm sure I'll be in G House though. \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What am i doing now? um, waiting till my b-day so i won't double buy anything
packed? um-kind of- I have everything back into my rubbermaid drawers and under-bed boxes
dreams- A HORSE UNIT! but at least new side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha... You know I'd have been packed long ago, Magoo! That's how I roll.

Every year I ask for Border Village, little kids, or a sports unit! And every year I get put in Gail's Place, with the WITs. Why would that be? \:\) But seriously, if not for the G. Place, Tanda is my favorite place to live.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like my first summer at camp every session I was with the drama kids - even when I wanted to do other stuff!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Indigo...I don't know how many times you have to be told...but, as the WIT Director you are obligated to live in Gail's Place with the WITs. Hope that clears it up.

That being said...how about you come back in 2010 and are the UL in BV for a sports unit full of homesick 8 yr olds!!! I think that would be a great welcome home present! \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
back t funy things kids/ leaders say
we sing a song and put in the kids name and a object
the leader ans there was jake jake jake kissinfg a hiary snake in the store room.

with 3 of us creasing ourselfs he realised and the kids just carried on singing and wanted to know what was so funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is rather funny!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi! I'm Rosethorn's friend Megan. I'm a UL this summer with you guys.

Thought I drop by and introduce myself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello I am Smudge I wont be cedarledge but welcome to boards!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I welcomed you on FB as we were strangers. I enjoyed being a butthead. Cheap thrill...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi! Have a blast at camp this year! \:\)

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I also don't go to Cedarledge, but I, like Smudge, crash the cedarledge thread occasionally! Welcome!

that certainly is funny!

I also get put into random units that I don't ask for, probably because the directors know I'll take it! Although apparently I am good with the little boys. This was news to me! I now don't mind them so much, but so far in the 2 years I have been on staff I have been given a unit I did not want! Luckily I think they have realized that I do not work well with the 5th and 6th grade boys! Thank goodness! Give me 8 1st-4th grade boys over 5th and 6th grade boys any day!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha... Well my job dictates a specific group that stays in one specific unit, I like to ask for units and groups I wouldn't actually want, because I feel pretty secure that I won't get them!

K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
I'm with the horse campers all summer...Imagine that a horse counselor with the horse campers. That's almost unheard of ;\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now you would be surprised at that! at my first camp the first session they put a girl who hated horses in the oldest girl horse unit and the lived away from main camp in cabins up at the horse barn - she hated it - it also turned out that she didnt praticularly like working the campers either so at the end of that session she became a UL (because they were short of 1) and she definately interacted better with the counsellors than the kids. Although some people felt that someone who was a good counsellor should have become UL (me or one of my friends who had also been suggested) I feel they made they made the right choice and they kept the people who were good with the campers with the campers rather than leaving someone who wasnt with them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That happens at our camp sometimes! I remember my first year, they purposefully tried to do that. They didn't want any former WITs near the WITs, or any former CITs near the CITs. But they had me (a former WIT of a few years previously) and a former CIT from a couple years back, and they put me with the WITs and her with the CITs, because they didn't think I'd been to camp before, and they thought she'd been a WIT. It was just fine with us! \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally I was glad they didnt make me a UL cos I had come to camp to work with children not adults!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a whole different skill set to lead adults and not kids. And those who can lead adults? Are not in management!

Also WELCOME to the boards from another thread hijacker!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hi, i'm torch; I also actually work at cedarledge!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe we have just one month left to go. I haven't done any packing at all. I haven't even done any planning. Maybe that's what I'll do to fill the seemingly endless two weeks between school and camp.

Page 22 of 28 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 27 28

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard