Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 28 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28
K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
Rosethorn: if you need chopsticks let me know I work next to a chinese place and I'm really good friends with the people that work there and i can probably get a boatload of them for you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boatloads are good. LOL no biggie, but if you can get some, send them my way! \:\)
Open house was grand. Superman and I have some fun business planned already. I jokingly texted him over the winter asking if we could have a Most Dangerous Game themed all-camp involving setting some campers loose in the woods and then hunting them down, and he's actually trying to find a way to work it in a less violent manner lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds fun!

We played a night game in the woods (when I was a youth on a church convention) that you might be able to adapt - I cant remember all of it but we tied string around our arm and then tucked 3 piece of fabric through - if you were tagged you had to give up a piece of fabric - that might work and when they have no fabric left then you would have killed them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sad that i missed open house. I was at the barn yesterday but then wasnt working today and had to visit some family. I hope it was fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oo! We played a game like that when I used to go to youth group at our church lock-ins. It was called Commando.

One person hid with a bunch of small items (usually paper clips, etc) The rest got put into groups. Every person had a popsicle stick that was their "life". They then turned out all the lights and the adults wandered around with flashlights.

The object of the game was for the teams/people to find the person who hid and collect the most of the item, one at a time. The object of the adults was to catch the searchers by shining their lights on them. The adults then made the people they caught do something silly (sing a song, do a dance, play leapfrog, etc) and took their "life" away. The people had to stop what they were doing and go back to the home base to get another life, wait for a certain amount of time and continue searching.

It was soo much fun. The adults would hide and pop out and the kids would sneak around like ninjas trying to search and not get caught. Me and my friends played it in a park at night once and it was crazy fun then too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell Superman. He'll probably use it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wished i went to open house too. but i had to study since i worked saturday at the barn. UGH! Finals!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Open House was good times...only like 7 days for me. I'm getting pretty excited!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Have fun Magoo, if I don't see you on here before you leave! I'm sure you will have fun of course!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
have fun! The departures have started!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Yeah, they have. I think Magoo is our second departure! Although Magoo is not gone yet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! It's starting!

Good luck Magoo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Luke went to camp ages ago - then Magoo, and then it is the cederledgers and then mash and kati, then marty and campkgurl, and finally sarah (and I head off for my 1 week at about the same time as sarah).

So how sad is it that I know all that!

But by the time she leaves some of you will be nearly finished camp so hopefully I wont be lonely for too long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got really homesick/campsick today... over 5 months left! I don't know if I can make it that long!

In the meantime, I think I've been subconsciously trying to remake camp/a natural setting in my room. I've been buying lots of plants lately.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aw, Indigo! That's both sad and a little funny at the same time. I just gotta write you a letter, and then the smut will be on the way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Indigo could you not go camp with some friends from where you are the moment!

K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
smudge it is kinda sad that you know when people are leaving but I will do my best so you aren't too lonely on here this summer. Although sleep might win out over the boards but i can try!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Yeah, I tried to get on the boards last summer but didn't do it much. I think a lot of that was because when I did, no one else really got on and posted so there wasn't much for me to do. Kind of like last fall, right up until January, we could go 3 or so days without any posts, and when we did have them, most of them were Smudge and me playing games, with the random contribution from someone else! So I actually forgot to check the boards some days, which is impressive because of how addicted I was last spring.

It is kind of sad, but also a bit funny and excellent. I think marty leaves the day before I do, but we both start camp the same day, which I find kind of weird since we are not going to the same camp, but if we were he would be starting 9 days after me! Oh and Sarah and Smudge, don't feel too bad. I remember last year we had the camper on here who left like half way through the summer for us because she went for a 4 week session or something like that! Wow, I just realized how that might make you sadder since she was a camper, not a staff member and I have campers that show up about a week before I leave at the end of the summer! oops! Sorry guys! I'll try to make it not so lonely on here, but I can't promise anything since last year that didn't work very well.

I don't like that you don't get to go to camp this summer, but I do like that you are subconsciously bringing camp to your room!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
Camp kgurl, there is a good reason why I leave a day before you but start the same day as you... I am going to visit some of my friends from my camp in New Jeresy before I head out to my camp in PA on greyhound the next day.

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Oh ok, I figured it was mostly travel time! That's cool that you get to visit friends first! Plus, I just think it's funny that we aren't going to the same camp but start the same day, but if we were going to the same camp we would start different days. It's not that I think it's weird that you leave first or anything like that.

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
No I didnt think it was weird that I left first... its just that I have a layover near Newark so I can visit some friends from camp a few years ago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
record update:

Total number of posts:

Break 01 to Camp Cedarledge! (2008) - 614
Cedarledge! Let's Beat Last Year's Record! - 620

Congratulations fellow counsellors you have help Rosethorn reach her goal of having more posts in this years thread than last years thread.

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
Thats good and we are not even at camp yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Woo! Now we'll have to do even better next year...

And I can't go to a camp here... They don't have summer camps like we do. Their "summer camps" are really just extra sessions of school! But I'm trying to keep busy as much as I can. I've got a bunch of progress reports to write right now. Bleh!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
Good luck with the progress reports

Page 25 of 28 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard