Rate Thread
Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
aww indigo.you really need a full time job. how about fall/winter/spring barn contact and summer Wit director?

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Good luck on the progress reports!

Congrats on the record breaking!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: Indigo

And I can't go to a camp here... They don't have summer camps like we do.

I meant just go camping - you, your friends and a pop up tent somewhere.

I understand what you mean about not having american style summer camps - we dont really have them - but we are starting to see them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that's something I've been looking into a bit. I do take a hike now and then. There are some nice mountains and parks around!

Torch, I've been bugging Brooke and JMo about a full-time job for a while now! Full-time camp supervisor, spring/fall wrangler, summer WIT Director? I think so.

Progress reports: about 80% finished. Taking a 'break' to go to work, and will finish the last two classes when I get home or tomorrow morning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But Indigo. What happened to me being your successor? I want the chance to be the WIT i never got to be lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um... I can see myself not giving up WIT Director until I'm 90, and then having to be dragged out kicking and clawing. \:\)

I've been considering wrangling next summer, because I like it, and because my sister will be a WIT, but there's a very good chance that I'll change my mind by then!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No! Don't change your mind! Then I have nothing to strive for next summer. Maybe I'll switch to nature or something...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha... Nature would be fun! I've considered it before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I'm leaving for camp in like 4 days (YAY) but have nothing done. My room is in the destroyed state it's been in since I unloaded my room from school in it. I have done zero laundry. And I haven't bought anything yet.

I'm starting to freak out a little bit. Indigo - sorry to disappoint...I know you would have been done weeks ago!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
It's alright Magoo! Never fear! I start packing way in advance, but that doesn't mean much. I gather a few things in a pile, and that's about it, until the day before! I'm a late packer! I usually pack starting around 8pm the night before I leave and get done around 1 or 2am! I take a long time to pack because I get distracted so easily!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starting for me is easy- it's just the last couple things to do /get that are so hard for me! YOu'll be fine Magoo- you know it. \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just got done packing. Got the last few things I need from Walmart yesterday. \:\) Less than a week to go!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I finished yesterday. I got a few last-minute, crafty things for my units to do during free time... but I'm done. Totally ready to go!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey! it's almost here! who's excited?

K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
the chop sticks are a no go for me...my buddy at Lee Ann chin's quit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aw, sad day! It's alright. I'm sure I will find plenty. \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am going to get the ones I have for you in the post this week or the being of next week so they will be there for the campers - I am sure there will be some odd looks when I put chop sticks on the customs label!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah but it is a gift at least!
How would it be if that was a purchase!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is true! I wish I could be there when they go through customs - it would be nearly as funny to see as travelling through airport security with a rubber chicken in your hand luggage!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol. why would anyone laugh at a rubber chicken? \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cos they arent exactly things you see passing through air ports - and it is even funnier when they make a bid for freedom as your bag goes through the x-ray machine!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha- i was joking above. of course the chicken wanted a bid for freedom- it is America!:)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was in London!

Another funny thing was that it squeaked everytime i got something from my bag.

And last year there were about 30 Camp America participant traveling through Heathrow airport over a 6 week period with rubber chickens in our bags! Mine is called Fred and if I ever meet you all you will meet him!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: cedar trees
of course the chicken wanted a bid for freedom- it is America!:)
Ah the American Dream! Freedom for all rubber chickens!
"All we want to do is bring them democracy and white bread. Transplant the American dream. Freedom. Achievement. Hyperacidity. Affluence. Flatulence. Technology. Tension. The inalienable right to an early coronary sitting at your desk while plotting to stab your boss in the back." - Hawkeye

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fre has been to america and has the freedom bug in him- even in london. hope we do meet you and fred. perhaps next yer at cedarledge?

Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard