Rate Thread
Page 27 of 28 1 2 25 26 27 28
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There should be some sort of boards meet-up! Shame we couldn't all staff a single camp for a summer. Imagine that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be so much fun - maybe we all need to get to gether and start our own camp!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: cedar trees
Fre has been to america and has the freedom bug in him- even in london. hope we do meet you and fred. perhaps next yer at cedarledge?

Perhaps 2011 - next year is guides centenary year! But def going to work at GS in 2012 for GS centenary year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah...I leave tomorrow!! I'm super excited - however I still haven't done anything. Haha! In fact I'm not even done unpacking from school. Oh well...I'm a last minute type of girl. But I am SO excited!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
That's so exciting Magoo!!! If I don't come on before you leave, have a great summer, as we all know you will! And of course, catch you on the flip side! hehe, I think I'm going to say that every time someone leaves for camp because it sounds so cool! hehe

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I noticed that you said that to beetle too!

Have fun at camp magoo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bye Magoo! See you after summer!
There goes another one!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bye Magoo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bye magoo- see you soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey guys! I just wanted to stop by and wish all of you a great summer. I don't really stop by here a lot anymore since it makes me so camp-sick. It's pretty heart breaking that there's still open UL positions (according to the website), but I didn't even get an interview. I'm looking for a nanny job now so I can still do all the fun stuff for the kids that I had on my list. I'll try and write though, and hopefully see some of you this summer! In case you guys get really desperate for staff, I'll be around! (hopefully I'd still get to be a last resort?)

And what's this about volunteers? If they wouldn't hire me do you think they'd even let me volunteer? Gosh, I know we shouldn't have played that prank, but you think I'd lit the place on fire....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What prank was that then?

Willow I actually find the boards ease my camp sickness cos I can talk to people who "get" the whole camp thing.

Last edited by Smudge; 05/27/09 05:16 AM.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: Willow WWW1st
Hey guys! I just wanted to stop by and wish all of you a great summer. I don't really stop by here a lot anymore since it makes me so camp-sick. It's pretty heart breaking that there's still open UL positions (according to the website), but I didn't even get an interview. I'm looking for a nanny job now so I can still do all the fun stuff for the kids that I had on my list. I'll try and write though, and hopefully see some of you this summer! In case you guys get really desperate for staff, I'll be around! (hopefully I'd still get to be a last resort?)

And what's this about volunteers? If they wouldn't hire me do you think they'd even let me volunteer? Gosh, I know we shouldn't have played that prank, but you think I'd lit the place on fire....

Actually, it is my understanding that there aren't any open UL positions. They probably just forgot to update the website.

I worked as a nanny for a year and a half, it's fun. I worked through TLC for Kids. They're really good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, Magoo said they've got tons of people over 21 already. :S

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, they're pretty slow at updating the positions...

Almost as bad as me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phew! Okay, that makes me feel better then. Maybe I just applied too late. This was my last summer that I could have been able to work there, but oh well. Everything happens for a reason.

As for what prank we pulled? On the last night of camp a few counselors were feeling a bit too antsy and we were looking for trouble, and settled on the pool. We climbed the fence (well, two of us did, one just watched b/c she couldn't climb it) and threw everything from the pool deck into the pool. All three of us were fired.

An incredibly stupid (and lame) thing to do in hindsight, but that was years ago and I think I've matured just a bit since then, lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah! And here was me thinking it was going to be something truely specatular for them not to want to rehire you!

The question is - was it worth it - did you have fun doing it cos if so then even if you got fired it was worth it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's tomorrow! Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow! *does happy dance*

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YAY! wOOt! wOOt! Cedarledge, one way or another, i am coming! It's been too long! I am so pumped!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
So are you all going up tomorrow? If so, have a great summer and catch you all on the flip side! If not, Rosethorn, have a great summer and catch you on the flip side! \:D Cedar got a "catch you on the flip side" on the countdown thread! \:D

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck guys! Enjoy camp! See ya in the Autumn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have an incredible summer! Tell us lots of fun stories on session breaks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks indigo- will miss you this summer! who will be the cedarledge creeper? who will teach all of the campers your methods of creeping? who will be there to laugh at me- wait. there will be plenty who wil laugh at silly things i do like getting shoe strings in my bike but it's not you so continuing on- and begin the WIT wobble then yell at silly wits who keep wobbling? hmmmm. better be you next year! \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosethorn, cedar trees and any other cedarledgers have a wonderful summer and have fun at camp - see you all in the Autumn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha, well I've been working on training future creepers for the past four years. Keep wobbling (but not forever, that's lame!). And really, do you think I could stay away from camp for ANOTHER year? I'd go crazy!

K
400 to 500 posts
400 to 500 posts
K
cederledgers-can't wait til fall for stories!

Page 27 of 28 1 2 25 26 27 28

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard