#110247 10/01/09 01:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi!

We are a residential girl's camp (ages 7-15) and want to give our dining hall menu options a boost!

We are looking for ideas so I'd love to hear about:
1. Favorite meals at your camp
2. Anything "special" on your menu

Thank you for sharing your ideas!

Sincerely,

Emily
Camp Danbee for Girls
Hinsdale, Massachusetts

#110252 10/02/09 04:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks giving thursday - it was the one time that we got a 'full meal'
taco tuesday , its a must \:\)
always have a decent veggie option if not the councillers get very ill in the summer and its not fun .

the kids enjoyed picnic lunch
macaroni cheese
spaghetti sunday
refrain from giving us soup on hot days ( our cooks were rediculous)

#110348 10/18/09 03:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm looking for some new ideas as well. We tried breakfast burritos with no luck. We did switch to french toast sticks for the last breakfast of the week. The kids liked them...the staff kinda liked them. We have a tradition: chicken strips, mashed potatoes, and green peas (dessert changes) on Thursday nights (last supper meal of the week). We have added a "hotdog bar". Hotdogs w/ choices of cheese, chili, onions, and such.
We ditched pizza for the supper meal of the week. Any ideas would be great. So far, we offer a salad bar, green peas, corn, and green beans as veggies...are there any other kid friendly choices?

#110972 01/27/10 02:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Favorites at our camp include cheese toasties (just grilled cheese sandwich with garlic butter) and of course pizza. We do the chili hot dog too which is very popular for the younger kids but the older cameprs tend to be hesitant about it.

I just found this neat new breakfast recipe I'm excited to try though this year, it seems pretty each, and looks like something fun kids would like. you put a partialy cooked peice of bacon in each muffin tin spot, and then an egg inside the bacon, and then bake it until the egg is cooked... kinda like a bacon basket with an egg inside, you can scramble the egg or just put a whole one in each basket.

#114468 09/06/10 01:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Include an oatmeal or cornflakes in your breakfast for good health.

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard