Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20
#110542 12/02/09 03:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know rehire packets have been sent out, and I was wondering who's coming back as what. Also, we always love hearing from the newbies. You know, all the good gossip. \:\)
I applied for CIT or WIT director, and I've got an interview on Friday. Wish me luck!

#110547 12/02/09 07:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are going for a change next summer then rose? Good luck with your interview.

#110558 12/03/09 11:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh Rosethorn, I'm so glad you posted this now. I need to talk.

I had my interview today, and it took over an hour, and I really enjoyed talking with Brooke. I applied for assistant head wrangler, WIT Director, and assistant camp director, in that order. And I held pretty firm on that decision through the interview, though Brooke strongly suggested that I slip ACD up to the top of that list. And I turned in another stack of reference forms.

Then I went up to school and paid a lot of money to register for a class I'm not all that enthusiastic about taking, but I've almost got my Master's, so I'll suck it up.

But then tonight I got a call from Smiles the camp director, to try to talk me into the ACD job. And what she said made a lot of sense, and it did make me start thinking more about it. Then I talked to my parents, who pointed out salary and resume benefits (which honestly put me off a little, but they have a point).

So I've been talking with Hawaii (who may be head wrangler this year), and Smiles, and various other people... I know I could get the job, and I know I could do it well (though I also know it'd be rough at times, especially at the beginning), and I know I would like many aspects of the job. But I also have some doubts and misgivings about moving away from the barn (though I would be in charge of it, and thus have every excuse to go up there a lot as ACD, and I'd still work there in the spring and fall).

So there's that off my chest, that's my mental load of the day. It'll bear lots of thinking about and discussion.

Yep, time to get some more Cedarledge discussion going!

Oh, but in happy news, assuming we get a good nature director who I trust enough, my pet corn snake Mr. S was offered a position! I will, of course, have to negotiate his salary. \:\)

#110562 12/04/09 12:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now his salary is that paid in dead mice? I have no idea what a corn snake would eat.

#110565 12/04/09 07:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well he eats a mouse every week, and a dead mouse costs about $2 (a live one too, I imagine), so I'm sure that could fit into the nature budget...

I'm feeling better about my decision and life in general today (though still pretty restless, generally). I just needed to vent and sleep, mostly.

#110568 12/05/09 12:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The interview went really great! Brooke was surprised I applied for WIT director, but she said she heard through the grapevine that I love me some horses so then she was cool with it. I told her the CIT program is closer to my heart and is definitely my first choice, but I will be happy either way. So once Speckles gets her reference in she can make a decision, and it looks real good! Speckles said she will have it in by Monday. \:D
Indigo, I would be sooooo happy if you were ACD! That would be super fun! And I can't wait to meet Mr. S!

#110574 12/05/09 09:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad your interview went well rose.

#110578 12/06/09 11:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I took the ACD job, and I'm really excited about it. It makes me smile. If it didn't, I wouldn't have taken it.

I really hope they find an awesome nature person, because I'm excited about bringing Mr. S, too! He's so getting a camp name...

Smudge, weren't you talking about coming to Cedarledge this summer? You know you want to! \:\)

#110579 12/06/09 11:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do but mummy smudge needs me for another summer! It is the hardest thing in the world not being to go to camp when you really want to.

#110580 12/06/09 05:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aww... Maybe 2011, then? That would be fun! \:\)

#110581 12/06/09 07:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe - if not def 2012 - although mash wants me to go to lak so you might have to fight over me - wouldnt miss GS centenary year!

#110583 12/06/09 07:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And how could you pass up a chance like Lak? :P

#110586 12/07/09 12:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's some fun gossip: I was at Speckles's house last night and she is thinking about coming back this summer! She and her husband are going to talk it over. It's a World Cup year, so he's trying to get her out of the house anyway lol. Keep your fingers crossed! She is going to discuss things with Brooke and see how it goes.
I hope she comes back and rocks the CIT director position. As long as I know the CITs are well taken care of, I won't feel guilty if I get put with the WITs. \:\)

#110588 12/07/09 02:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ooh, that IS interesting gossip. I know she'd talked about coming back in a year or so, but you know how it is, sometimes you discover other things when you're not at camp.

#110594 12/07/09 04:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, P.S. Indigo. Congrats on the official ACD position! I am so excited for this summer now!

#110601 12/07/09 09:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks! It's not officially official yet. My references still aren't in yet (slackers!), and Brooke needs to show my file to Jennifer... but I have every confidence! \:D

#110603 12/08/09 12:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just sent Brooke an e-mail telling her to consider WIT director my first choice as long as Speckles applies for CIT director. I told her I would be happy at Gail's as long as I know the CITs are in good hands, and Speckles' hands are more capable than most. I know Speckles e-mailed her last night about maybe coming back, so I just wanted to reassure her that she won't be stepping on my toes or anything if she hires her as CIT. Speckles also said she sent in my last reference, but it will probably take a while still while they figure out where they are going to put me.

#110605 12/08/09 09:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, that's interesting news, and exciting!

#110606 12/08/09 09:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And by the way, I loved our random text conversation about cuttlefish today.

While I was in Korea, all the seafood restaurants had these big tanks out in front with the possible edibles (some of them pretty... interesting). My absolute favorite were the squids. They were so cute! I have a picture or two on Facebook, probably in my first Korea album. I so want one.

#110607 12/09/09 03:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently you can keep them as pets, they are just a real pain to take care of. Well, by that I mean they're like other salt water fish. You have to do a whole bunch of stuff to keep their water regulated. When I have a real house I am so getting one.

#110608 12/09/09 04:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A squid or a cuttlefish?

Personally I prefer cats and dogs!

#110609 12/09/09 05:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow running saltwater tanks are a lesson in chemistry! So hard to get right but loads of people are keeping their own Nemos these days. I'll stick to goldfish though.

#110610 12/09/09 06:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I discovered you can get a cuttlefish for the cost of shipping from the National Resource Center for Cephalopods. Who knew. I printed out the instructions on how to take care of them. Someday...

#110611 12/09/09 07:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I so want one too... That, and a horse, some goats, chickens, lizards of various types, at least one dog, at least one cat, gerbils, and probably lots of other pets.

#110612 12/10/09 01:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And either a large farm or a zoo to keep them all in. At the moment I happy to stick to my kitty, mums dog and a virtual farm full of random animals!

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard