Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello: I am the Founder and Director of a special needs camp who is looking for a new opportunity. I am a lifelong camper with over 30 years experience as a Camper, Counselor, Administrator and Director. My camp experience includes both non-profit and high end camps including day camp, overnight camp, teen travel,special needs camp and group sales.

Having gained a diverse array of camp experience I founded and serve as Director of a day camp for campers with special needs. My camp is geared towards campers who need to improve their social skills and are diagnosed with learning differences and neurological profiles that include: ADD/ADHD, high-functioning Asperger's Syndrome, Non-Verbal Learning Disability and more. I created this camp with the idea of providing a traditional day camp and teen travel experience for campers who may not be successful amongst a typical camp population but have needs that require a different structure and level of support. My camp was created with an extremely limited budget and was successful immediately. Being such an innovative camp, it immediately received media coverage in local newspapers and great word of mouth in the learning disabilities community.

My entrepreneurial spirit and passion for camp have led me to being the search for a new opportunity in the private camp market. I am looking to open a camp (preferably overnight) with someone who has a property and can combine their business and operations management background with my camp background. I am looking for a full-time situation where I can serve as Director of the Camp and spend the off-season doing recruiting, marketing, hiring, program development and generating group sales if the facility allows for groups.

Ideally the camp property would be located within 4 hours of Philadelphia but this is not a requirement. Creating this camp with someone who is flexible, open to learning/teaching and truly has a passion for camp as I do is definitely a requirement.

I look forward to hearing from you!

CampDirector215@gmail.com

C
CIM Offline
10 to 25 posts
10 to 25 posts
C
Dear Camp Founder of special needs Camp.

Re: Camp Indian Meadows. Can we work together?

In 1960 my Mother and Father purchased 61 acres of undeveloped land eighty miles north of San Francisco, in scenic Cobb Mountain, Lake County, California. My parents began developing the land into a Children's Camp in 1982 and our family operated Camp Indian Meadows / Inter Mountain Sports Camp from 1987 through 2000. As it stands now, there is a modern cafeteria and kitchen, swimming pool, showers and bathrooms, a recreation building, basketball courts, baseball field, an all-year creek, a pond, and thirteen sleeping structures. We have a lifetime Camp permit and are allowed to build up to 20 sleeping structures if needed.

Over the years the facility has been used as a sports camp, children's summer camp, health retreats and as a campus for Kelseyville Extension High School.

Now we are presently remodeling the Camp and plan to re-open this Summer. The facility is able to accomadate 150 people. We have had up to 180 children and staff there at one time . Also I will send you photographs via regular mail or e-mail if you would like to see the place..

Sincerly,

Charleen Wignall,DC

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard