Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello. I am seeking people who are interested in starting a sports camp. I am working on establishing a camp from scratch within the next 5 years. I have one person who is on board with me right now. I am looking to start a athletic training program for athletes between 10-18. I am looking to have at least 5 or 6 administrative staff, as I want to be coaching and the other administrators coaching, in addition to their other duties. The program is designed around improving one's athletic ability; however, I am going to keep the ties of a traditional summer camp. I will be using trips as a builder for self discipline, leadership, camradry, team work, etc. as well as have your traditional evening programs. If you are interested in starting a camp, please contact me at camputzah@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only. I am looking for people who have experience and knowledge in the following areas:

Ropes Course
Swimming
Baseball
Basketball
Dance (for building Coordination)
Football
Golf
Soccer
Tennis
Weight Training
Wrestling
Lacrosse
Archery and Riflery
Arts and Crafts
Fishing
Guitar
Rock Climbing
Wilderness Training and
Water Skiing

Also, I am looking for people who have experience with coaching, teaching, administrative duties, recruiting, investments, counseling, tripping, etc. You must hold or be working towards obtaining a Bachelor's Degree in a related field. I am looking for someone who has at least three years experience in the camping industry and five or more years in working with children and adolescents. This person must be willing to communicate frequently by telephone and email for the time being. They must be willing to travel when I/(we) begin looking for property. You must be willing to move into the camp for the first couple years until everything is situated.

If you are interested or know people who are interested, please contact me by email first at camputzah@yahoo.com. Please answer the following questions in your email:

Explain your background in working with children from a counseling stand point.

What was your most difficult counseling story? Please refrain from using specific names.

Explain your experience as an athletic coach or instructor of a sport at camp and outside of camp.

Are you a head coach? Are you planning on working towards being a head coach?

What knowledge can you bring to helping start and run a successful business from scratch?

Are you willing to put in 15 hour work days when the time comes to searching for land, developing a structure for the camp, building lesson plans for programs, recruiting, construction, etc.?

Please add any other additional information you may feel necessary. I will try to respond to your emails within 24-72 hours of recieving them. I will send you an email letting you know that I have recieved your email.

Thank you,

Steve McCoy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm opening my own home business for a sports camp, ages 5-10 years. Some things we practice on are basically improving skills. If you'd like more information, go to my site. It's randbdances.zoomshare.com. Thanks! :p

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would your sports camp be a Christian Camp? Kids need good leadership?

Thanks
Be Blessed

Thierry Bras
MAJ, EN
Combat Arms Instructor
U.S. Army Chaplain Center and School
(803)751-7517
For God and Country

C
CIM Offline
10 to 25 posts
10 to 25 posts
C
Hi,

My family has owned & operated a sports Camp - Inter Mountain Sports Camp from 1987-2000. My Mother still owns the facility and we have a lifetime permit for the Camp. would you be interested in a facility that is 80 miles north of San Francisco, in scenic Cobb Mnt. in Lake County. And why would you need to waite 5 years?

Sincerly,

Dr. Wignall

C
CIM Offline
10 to 25 posts
10 to 25 posts
C
Steve,

We have owned and operated intermountain Sports
Camp from mid 80's through late 90's and we intend to re-open the camp this summer.

Re: Camp Indian Meadows. Can we work together?

In 1960 my Mother and Father purchased 61 acres of undeveloped land eighty miles north of San Francisco, in scenic Cobb Mountain, Lake County, California. My parents began developing the land into a Children's Camp in 1982 and our family operated Camp Indian Meadows / Inter Mountain Sports Camp from 1987 through 2000. As it stands now, there is a modern cafeteria and kitchen, swimming pool, showers and bathrooms, a recreation building, basketball courts, baseball field, an all-year creek, a pond, and thirteen sleeping structures. We have a lifetime Camp permit and are allowed to build up to 20 sleeping structures if needed.

Over the years the facility has been used as a sports camp, children's summer camp, health retreats and as a campus for Kelseyville Extension High School.

Now we are presently remodeling the Camp and plan to re-open this Summer. The facility is able to accomadate 150 people. We have had up to 180 children and staff there at one time . Also I will send you photographs via regular mail or e-mail if you would like to see the place..

Sincerly,

Charleen Wignall

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard