Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
#114037 05/27/10 06:57 PM
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Just found out today that my final quiz (just our last quiz, not cumulative) that was scheduled on Wed June 9th is now moved up to our last class meeting of Thursday the 3rd! So not only does this mean that I will be done with 4 of my 5 classes by the end of Thursday next week, but I will also be all done with classes by the end of Monday the 7th as opposed to the 9th! woot!!!! Yeah! This would be even better news if I didn't have a job as I could drive home a whole 2 days early. However, I love my job and I work until Friday so I'm gonna be here til the 11th anyway.

Wow long rant and I hope you actually understood all the ramblingness of that! hehe Countdown to camp is 17 and 30 (aka 1 month!) AHHHHHHH!!! I will be at camp for the summer in a month! Actually a few hours less than a month, so there!! hehe

And plus, it's been pouring down rain here all day and I have a deep deep desire to puddle jump but I have stuff to do/places to go and really only one pair of shoes appropriate for the day and they are not waterproof. So alas I am not puddle jumping. But I wanna!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
So, apparently it's actually not 30 days until summer camp for me. \:\( And no this isn't a silly little mess up with a date or countdown where it's 29 or 31 days. I got a message from my CD that basically says with our ULs being there for training the couple days before grief camp and session 1 of DC they don't need me for DC like i thought. I'm pretty sure the AD told me when she hired me that I was doing DC though so I'm not really sure if I just didn't hear her right or if the plans changed since then. So yeah, instead of June 27th I start camp July 2nd. I guess I'll be able to hang with Smudge and Mash and anyone else not getting much camp this summer on here a while longer then. Sure I still get to do precamp and 7 sessions of camp so I know I'm still really lucky but I was really looking forward to doing DC and also seeing my girls from last years Camp Willie. Oh, and on my contract it said July 2nd so I suppose that's one more point in favor of miscommunication. When I update my countdown I'll post my new one for summer.

Hey, at least I still have 17 days until I get to do an OE session and I have a shorter wait until summer break from school!

Last edited by Giggles; 05/28/10 12:39 AM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aww Giggles! I'm so sorry! That's sad! At least you get to go for the rest of camp though, 7 weeks ain't bad...

16 days... 10 till I'm done at borders for the summer \:\)

D
DTP Offline
200 to 300 posts
200 to 300 posts
D
Staff Training kicks off in two weeks, so excited! And also this year I believe everyone except one person will arrive on time, which is exciting because last year because of school, we had people arrive throughout different times of the week. OE has been fun and everything but I am so ready to get back into summer camp mode, can't wait until these next two weeks are up which should go quickly because our OE schedule really picks up now and time flies when your keeping busy. \:\)

DTP #114044 05/28/10 02:34 AM
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Thanks and it's ok. I might get a chance to do Vacation Bible School during that week that I'm not at camp. I haven't decided because it would mean driving back over to eastern WA, which would mean 80 bucks in gas money, so who knows.

I updated my countdown, and it's 35 days until camp, which isn't really as bad as I thought it would be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mash and I are now planning our next pack hol for brownies and by next we mean not the one we are having in Nov but one for next year! - gives us something campy to look forward to!

#114052 05/28/10 11:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck planning your brownie holiday Smudge! I am sure that you and Mash will make sure that it will be awesome!

Layton- I hear you. So much to do and plans keep crowding the weekend. Yikes!

I finally sat down with the director and planned out precamp. I feel better and more prepared for precamp, but still nervous. I've never run precamp, but have sat through lots of them. I am hoping that it will be a fun one (at least part of the time!).

#114055 05/29/10 04:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have still yet to discuss pre-camp, also my first time doing that. Luckily I'm working with some awesome people so it shouldn't be too painful, but I know how much I "enjoyed" pre-camp last year so I'm still nervous that people will complain about me and my talks/activities..

#114058 05/29/10 12:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no one will complain. If it's your first time doing it everyone will understand.
ANYway, just try to be original and everything will be fun. Do as little reading from the staff manual as possible and if you can figure out a way how, do none of it. That's the only part that gets boring. If you get people up and moving, playing games, or talking they will have fun \:\)

#114064 05/29/10 10:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree! The more moving, playing, talking, the better! I don't want to read a manual to anyone and I really don't want anyone to read one to me.

Layton, you can do it! A great team of people help too!

#114066 05/30/10 10:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And even if everyone else is at camp by then Giggles and I will still be about if you need an ear to bend etc!

#114068 05/30/10 11:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Saturday! In six days I'll be loading up my car. Around noon on Wednesday, I send off my students for the summer. It's going to be a quick turn around.

I think I might have decided on a camp name as well, finally. Right now I'm leaning towards Tonks.

#114069 05/30/10 12:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOVE IT!

#114070 05/30/10 01:20 PM
2,000 to 2,500 posts
2,000 to 2,500 posts
14 days and one hour... so I'm going to say 13 days.

I've still got 8 more school days of students. Next weekend I'll have to do my camp shopping (I know a little late) and take my car in for a "check-up." Hopefully all works out with my car! Last time I took it in, I had to get new tires and some other random stuff. \:\(

- Teenster

ISU PRIDE!

Caring - Competent - Confident
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i worked with a Tonks one summer! It is a good name!

#114072 05/31/10 12:45 AM
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
 Originally Posted By: Smudge
And even if everyone else is at camp by then Giggles and I will still be about if you need an ear to bend etc!

yup!

14 days until OE session!!!!!! and 32 until summer camp!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
technically it's Monday for me - so I'm going to say that I go to camp.. TOMORROW!!

#114076 05/31/10 03:30 AM
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
ugh, so jealous Layton! I have class "tomorrow" and for another 3 days (if you include finals in there) after that. Plus I just realized that there are a few more things that I need to do around here and for my program before I head out for the summer.

Have a great time and catch you on the flip side!

#114082 05/31/10 07:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My first staff fly in for pre-pre-camp training on June 10th. Everyone else arrives between June 14th and June 21st for training. I, however, have school through June 22nd. So there is NO turnaround time for me. I'm moving into camp on June 18th - and have to move the turtles and the plants in before then too.

And we still have so much to do! \:\)

#114084 05/31/10 10:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you will have a hectic few days! NBs first summer at chenoa she was still in school cos of snow days so had to commute down after school to do as many hours of training as she could before going home so she could be at work in the morning.

#114088 05/31/10 12:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Camp starts tomorrow! Less than 24 hours and I am at camp!

I heard from the director yesterday that 2 counselors, the nurse and the arts and crafts director quit. What is with these people?! Don't they know how hard it is to find staff, especially 2 days before staff training starts?! Needless to say, we are scrambling to cover positions. grrrr.

#114096 05/31/10 01:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That really sucks - wish I could come and help you out! Camp America will prob have people waiting to be placed - on something called ready, steady, go which means they should have their bags packed and ready to go with just 2 days notice so you might be able to get staff at short notice - i think Camp Leaders and BUNAC do similar too! Good luck finidng people.

Last edited by Smudge; 05/31/10 01:33 PM.
#114103 06/01/10 01:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to hear that, Beetle! Best of luck! See you all on the other side! Can't wait to talk about how awesome yet another summer at camp was for everyone!!

#114109 06/01/10 04:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 days!

And I might be heading up to another camp next Wednesday to do a ropes training because we haven't been able to find anyone qualified to run the ropes course. I'm just waiting to hear back if my camp will pay for the course for me, and if so, 8 days until my summer of camp starts!

#114110 06/01/10 05:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in exactly two weeks I will be eating dinner with my fellow GLs after our first day of staff training \:\)

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard