Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any advice on the the advantages/dis-advantages of incorporating a summer camp as a non-profit vs. a for profit organization (or vice cersa)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have my views from so many years of working administratively. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to hear my humble opinion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to know did you ever get a answer about running a profit vs non-profit camp, if you did get the answer can you share the results with me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to both of you. You are welcome to email me at CaliforniaAdventureMountainPrograms@msn.com I am willing to talk to both of you about the pros and cons of each.

Good Luck!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am currently a Graduate Student at the University of Oregon studying Community Planning and Non-profit Management. Why? I have made the assumption after working for several private and non-profit camp-type organizations that Non-profit is the way to go. I will be looking to start a non-profit next year supporting the camp industry and training camp staff. Eventually I look to own and operate a facility as a non-profit...

Do you know something I don't?

Ethan Erickson
503-481-7871
ethan@tsuga.org
http://www.tsuga.org

C
CIM Offline
10 to 25 posts
10 to 25 posts
C
Can you give some insight regarding how Ican become a non-profit.

Re: Camp Indian Meadows. Can we work together?

In 1960 my Mother and Father purchased 61 acres of undeveloped land eighty miles north of San Francisco, in scenic Cobb Mountain, Lake County, California. My parents began developing the land into a Children's Camp in 1982 and our family operated Camp Indian Meadows / Inter Mountain Sports Camp from 1987 through 2000. As it stands now, there is a modern cafeteria and kitchen, swimming pool, showers and bathrooms, a recreation building, basketball courts, baseball field, an all-year creek, a pond, and thirteen sleeping structures. We have a lifetime Camp permit and are allowed to build up to 20 sleeping structures if needed.

Over the years the facility has been used as a sports camp, children's summer camp, health retreats and as a campus for Kelseyville Extension High School.

Now we are presently remodeling the Camp and plan to re-open this Summer. The facility is able to accomadate 150 people. We have had up to 180 children and staff there at one time . Also I will send you photographs via regular mail or e-mail if you would like to see the place..

Sincerly,

Charleen Wignall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: CIM
Can you give some insight regarding how Ican become a non-profit.

Re: Camp Indian Meadows. Can we work together?

In 1960 my Mother and Father purchased 61 acres of undeveloped land eighty miles north of San Francisco, in scenic Cobb Mountain, Lake County, California. My parents began developing the land into a Children's Camp in 1982 and our family operated Camp Indian Meadows / Inter Mountain Sports Camp from 1987 through 2000. As it stands now, there is a modern cafeteria and kitchen, swimming pool, showers and bathrooms, a recreation building, basketball courts, baseball field, an all-year creek, a pond, and thirteen sleeping structures. We have a lifetime Camp permit and are allowed to build up to 20 sleeping structures if needed.

Over the years the facility has been used as a sports camp, children's summer camp, health retreats and as a campus for Kelseyville Extension High School.

Now we are presently remodeling the Camp and plan to re-open this Summer. The facility is able to accomadate 150 people. We have had up to 180 children and staff there at one time . Also I will send you photographs via regular mail or e-mail if you would like to see the place..

Sincerly,

Charleen Wignall

Thanks you for the post.

Last edited by KellyJ; 10/29/10 04:08 AM.

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard