Rate Thread
#115224 03/08/11 02:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to hear strategies for operating a profitable camp store. Specifically, can you tell me how you determine the amount of inventory to purchase, what sells and what doesn't, and any thoughts on selling at an actual store v. selling online.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say do preorders. Depending on how early your camp fills up, you may be able to determine the minimum inventory with preorders and surveys. What sells is also determined by the camp. Depending in age, gender, etc. Neon hats are a great sell with kids and staff and are pretty cheap. Stationary would probably be a hit with parents. That is a new one being offered at the camp I work at this summer. Water Bottles are a great sell. Glow in the dark Nalgenes are the way to go! Sold like crazy last summer. Sweatpants also seem to be a huge hit at our all girls camp. I have only served as a counselor and then this coming summer as an age group leader but I am very interested in all areas of camp and administration. These are just a few things I have observed and experienced. Hope this helps.

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard