Print Thread
Rate Thread
K
Karyn
Unregistered
Karyn
Unregistered
K
We are hoping to switch from a 14 day session to a ten day one, with a day off between session. Currently our staff get 2 x 24 hour periods off during our 14 days session (no break between sessions).

Does anyone have a suggested rota/schedule that has worked for them - one which allows staff days off yet is manageable in terms of keeping enough on duty??
This could help me avoid recreating the wheel
Many thanks

Karyn

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
If you do a ten day session, 1-24 day off is what a camp I worked at did, with 2 nights off, with 1 of the nights off being before the evening program started and one started after the campers went to bed.

There would be a few days off between sessions-- from Thursday nights when the campers left until Sunday night with a staff meeting and campers arrived Monday morning.

Hope this helps

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
C
campingqueen
Unregistered
campingqueen
Unregistered
C
We operate on weekly sessions and staff have Fri. night to Sun. morning off. Staff also gets 2 hours of time off a day. The head of each unit figures out time off for those in her unit. This works well because everyone can figure out time off that works for them rather than being assigned time off.

Don't know if this helps or not, but thought I'd share how it works where I am.

You may also want to post this on the counselor's board because there are tons of people on there that may be able to help.

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard