Rate Thread
#121022 04/15/13 07:00 PM
D
dim
Unregistered
dim
Unregistered
D
Does anyone know where I can purchase the little ziplock bags used for medication administration?
Also, if anyone is using these bags I am interested in procedure used for labeling them.

C
CampTalk
Unregistered
CampTalk
Unregistered
C
Hi Dim -

I just found some pill envelopes online. They're not Ziplock bags, but they still let you dose and, it seems, seal medications in desired doses. I guess you could put a handful of these envelopes in a Ziplock if you're looking for them to be more water-resistant. It looks like they have their own method for labeling the packets.

http://www.schoolhealth.com/pharmacy-sup...-white-1000-box

We haven't used these before, though I think it's a good idea, especially if your have your nurse dose everything out in the beginning. Our camp is trying CampRx for the first time this year, and we'll see how it goes. Parents send their camper's prescription to this pharmacy 30-60 days in advance, and the pharmacy packages everything up in sealed, waterproof EasyPaks with individual drug and dose information on each pack. It seems it will make it more convenient for the health center, though you never know. There's a $15-40 service fee per person, which we're paying half of for each camper. A similar that I recently heard of is called Meds4Camp. They're through Walgreens and have no service fee, but you have to fill out an 11-page information packet and submit everything five weeks beforehand.

Hope this helps!

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard