Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am 23 and noticed breathing issues a few years ago. I was in college at the time and didn't want to go to the doctor because I didn't have trouble breathing, I just didn't have as much breath as I thought I should have (and as I remembered having in High School).

After chest pains a few weeks ago, my worried and sweet wife convinced me to go to the doctor. After some pulmonary tests, EKG (to make sure the chest pains were not my heart) and X-rays (no heart swelling, thank goodness) the doctor said I had mild asthma and put me on Advair. It's been a week now, and if anything my chest hurts MORE. It's still not too bad, but I definitely don't feel any better.
I don't have major asthma attacks, but I do wake up sometimes with slight breathing issues and need to get a drink of water and cough a few times to go back to sleep. I also get a tight and painful chest (normally on the left side, but this morning on the right) sometimes.

What can I expect from the medicine and what?s the best way?

Thanks in advance!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your doctor may prescribe things for you to use against what seems to be mild asthma which may not be too good for you in the long run. The Buteyko method is proven, safe and very effective. The book Close Your Mouth and ABC to be asthma free are self help books to teach yourself the Buteykjo clinic method. They are available from http://www.amazon.com for USA and amazon.co.uk for UK and other countries. Patrick McKeown a renowned practitioner teaches many other natural clinic methods at his site http://www.asthmacare.ie It will be well worth your time.

A
Allure Medspa
Unregistered
Allure Medspa
Unregistered
A
I also have asthma but mine is mild to moderate and I was diagnosed 2 years ago. My doctor put me on just an Albuterol inhaler and that works really good. The only thing that I can really suggest is to try taking over the counter allergy medicine because it will help keep the pollens from causing you any breathing problems.

A
anddrew
Unregistered
anddrew
Unregistered
A
Asthma has proved very dangerous for my wife from the last two years.She is very unfortunate as she was diagnosed very late.

Last edited by anddrew; 04/04/13 12:28 PM.
W
wendysisco
Unregistered
wendysisco
Unregistered
W
Originally Posted By: anddrew
Asthma has proved very dangerous for my wife from the last two years.She is very unfortunate as she was diagnosed very late.

I am sorry to hear your situation. I agree, asthma is very dangerous to all of us, of course breathing is involved in this thing and we need to breath air in order to survive. It is best for us to have an early diagnosis on what health problem we may experience, we need to invest for our health. Doctors are one of our best friend.

J
JoyceHeydon
Unregistered
JoyceHeydon
Unregistered
J
I think you avoid cold and dusty environment. Mites and pollen can also trigger the attacks.I am taking Five to six cloves boiled in half a glass of water with a spoon full of honey.

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard