Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
C
200 to 300 posts
OP Offline
200 to 300 posts
C
Who's getting ready already for summer 2014? Have you started applying yet or are you going to go back to your camp from last summer?

I'm in search of a new camp this summer. I'm an art teacher and usually direct arts n crafts at camp. I have done so for 9 years. SO I'm ready for a new place. I live in Wisconsin so it should be easy to find a camp. I have the summer off from my job which is a school near me. And there is 5 camps around me right there.

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
I havent even thought about next year yet. I dont know yet if I want to go back after what happened.

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
D
DTP Offline
200 to 300 posts
200 to 300 posts
D
My contract should be here in a couple of weeks....basically just waiting for June to get here.

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
congratulations

2,000 to 2,500 posts
2,000 to 2,500 posts
I will be going back to my camp, as I am on an extended contract... so no waiting for me. I will be returning in the same position.

I have been working on putting together some job descriptions for program directors and also reworking some scheduling issues we had last summer. In March I am proud to announce that I will be attending the Tri State Camping Conference in NJ. I will be working on our camp's ACA accrediation this summer, so I need to attend some training for that.

- Teenster :cool:

ISU PRIDE!

Caring - Competent - Confident
D
DTP Offline
200 to 300 posts
200 to 300 posts
D
ACA year...good luck! I think our camp is due next summer as well.

M
MacGyver
Unregistered
MacGyver
Unregistered
M
I've just put in 2 applications. now it's just a waiting game. >sighs< Really excited to hear back though! I miss the campiness of camp!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I'm not sure what I want to do this coming summer. I've thought a lot about wanting to be a nanny full-time but of course the pay is alright but the benefits (health insurance, no biggie...) are what is keeping me on my quest for a full time teaching position. I do love teaching too, and I'm getting my "kid fix" in with baby-sitting on the weekends and subbing (though that's a whole different kid interaction and all). But anyway, summer might be a good time for getting a nanny job. Or a job elsewhere. Or I could go back to my original camp. I kind of burned bridges leaving early last summer so even though I LOVE that camp and would love to be a counselor (vs the UD that I was) I'm not sure that would work out so well, even if I left under ok-ish terms I don't think I'd get rehired. But anyway, I think I'm done with my new camp explorations so if I go back to camp this summer it will be to my childhood camp. Then I have to decide to try one more time being a UD or if I should just stick with counselor-hood, which is a lovely place to be! so many choices. Luckily applications don't even start until January so I've got at least a month to think about it before asking to see if they've got UD openings or people returning for those positions.

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
C
CatsandTeaKRC
Unregistered
CatsandTeaKRC
Unregistered
C
I just applied, interviewed, and got hired this week for Camp Skimino. I was a camper for eight years there but this is my first time as a counselor.

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
Congrats

C
campingqueen
Unregistered
campingqueen
Unregistered
C
I'm officially the Seasonal Camp Director at my camp this summer. This is a new position. We used to have a Camp Director year round who did all the camp stuff and then did other stuff with GS the rest of the year (we are a GS camp). But, this summer will be the first summer with just a seasonal camp director position and I've got it. I'm so excited!! This is my first time being the Director, but I've been an Assistant Camp Director the past two summers so I'm excited to have this opportunity to move up. Summer 2014 is going to be awesome!!

C
50 to 100 posts
50 to 100 posts
C
I just signed my contract for a second season as the chef for a family camp in Plumas National Forest. My wife and I leave home on April 30 and work begins May 1. My cooks report a week later. Our goal for 2014 is to improve on our reputation for last year. We expect a great summer of happy campers in the Chow Palace at OFRC.

M
MickeyCDH
Unregistered
MickeyCDH
Unregistered
M
I didn't make the draft for associate camp director with my work. I am in the camp counselor pool for draft but am looking into other opportunities.

M
MickeyCDH
Unregistered
MickeyCDH
Unregistered
M
I didn't make the draft for associate camp director with my work. I am in the camp counselor pool for draft but am looking into other opportunities.

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
Mickey CDH-- what areas would you like to work in? Any preferences like single sex, Girl Scouts etc? I may know of a few places you may like to check out

M
MickeyCDH
Unregistered
MickeyCDH
Unregistered
M
Marty:Though I did not get associate camp director it sounds like I am going to get the site I want anyways. I will know more after spring break but thanks for trying to help!

I
Indigo
Unregistered
Indigo
Unregistered
I
It's not official yet, but I'm slated to go back to WIT Directing this summer! I'm super excited, I've been missing that job for 5 years now.

S
sparknation
Unregistered
sparknation
Unregistered
S
I just got hired for another year at camp. Second year as a counselor but first year at over night camp.

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
I applied for the camp I was at last year

2,000 to 2,500 posts
2,000 to 2,500 posts
I just returned from Tri State. It was a good conference, and I hope to be able to return in years to come. I'm ready to really start planning for the summer!

- Teenster

ISU PRIDE!

Caring - Competent - Confident

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard