Rate Thread
#76232 01/27/06 05:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every year our camp has a theme. In the past we have done themes such as "Extreme Outdoor Adventure", "Ultimate Survivor", "Wizards and Magic,". We then center our evening activities, costumes and decorations around this theme. Does anyone have any theme ideas and programs to go with it?

#76233 06/29/06 10:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey this week at Camp Piomingo I had my program do a Homecoming Theme. Here is what we did. Our unit is called Cherokee. We changed it to Cherokee University. Our UNit houses the two week program for 10-13 year olds and the Equine program. So we decided our Mascot would be the Stallions. Our program t-shirts are yellow and green so that ended up being our school colors. We hosted the Camp Dance as the "Homecoming Dance" and made up college names for the other Units such as "Shawnee State University" and "Mingo College for Men". In the mornings we paint up our kids faces as if they were going to a game. We made a paper banner that said Cherokee University on it and they ran through it. We used a blow horn and whistles. The next morning was a Marching band with imaginary instruments, and this morning we captured all the Unit Leaders as if they were the mascots. We used School cheers and made them fit to Cherokee. We also had a Tailgating Lunch. The counselors pulled their cars into the field, served chips and lunch out of our CLEAN trunks and played music. It went VERY VERY well! The point of Homecoming was to focus on Spirit, enthusiasm, Unity, and Teamwork. I hope this helps you. This worked out more than we thought it would. Our Camp Director, Larry Maxwell, loved it!

#117606 11/17/11 01:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out my "Camp" posts at http://corduroysbutton.wordpress.com/.

#128089 03/16/15 04:24 PM
S
2 to 10 posts
2 to 10 posts
S
That's brilliant..!! Miss Brenda

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard