Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
H
2 to 10 posts
OP Offline
2 to 10 posts
H
Camp owner/director looking to retire and mentor someone to take over. Option open to buy camp over next number of years. Located in Michigan.
If interested email me at harvey@woodenacres.com.

D
First Post!
First Post!
D
Hi Harvey, I sent you an email a couple of days ago and didn't hear back so I'm not sure if you received it. I saw your ad on the ACA message board. I am a business owner who is looking to change careers in the next 5 years or so. Camp ownership has always been a dream of mine as I love children and love to have fun. My wife was a child development professor at the University of Georgia for 18 years and also obviously shares my enthusiasm for children with the added educational twist.

I never really plan to retire, but do plan to transition into a less traditional work environment and I've set my sights on some sort of camp ownership as the focus of that plan. Your ad intrigued me as I know I would require mentor-ship in this endeavor. Although I am very adept at operating businesses (I have started and sold several during my career) camp operations is a different animal which requires more than just the financial wherewithal to purchase the business. I am able to take the time off it would require for me to spend the 6 weeks you are open in the summer at the camp.

Depending on if the opportunity is still available and what your schedule is, I would like to set up an exploratory call with you to discuss the potential of working with you. I have been to your website and am impressed with what you are doing. I look forward to hearing from you. I can be reached at donwright@charter.net or at 7066140828.

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard