A
Also, congrats to Yoda on #200!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You , Thank You... you can't see but I am curtseying (sp) and doing a beauty queen wave too. : )

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
weirdest animal i have ever seen- a lemur but they are so cool too!
middle name- lynn...like speedy's!
college major-wish i could have 1 but i think i want to major in elementary education w/a minor in french or something communications related

and catkel3299, i'm SOOOO addicted to fraternity and sorority life, i think tim is sooo cute and the girls are just so mean to each other that its hilarious!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by DeeDee:
I want to know if anyone has ever heard of a book called "A Void" which was written entirely without the letter "e." I just got it and can't wait to start reading. It amazes me that you could write a sentence, never mind a book without the letter "e." just think... no the, we, she, he, where, there, when, ever, no verbs ending in -er, nothing is better or best, or any other -er or -est.

wow[/B]

You should check out a book called "Ella Minnow Pea" by Mark Dunn...in each section of the book certian letter cease to exist in the story as well as in the book...it's a fun read!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Camper: My middle Name is Lynn too !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Camper,

I'm so glad somebody commented on my reply! I feel so special! Anyway, that is sooo not how most sororities are. I love to watch it to laugh at all the crap those girls have to put up with. When I was a pledge, all the sisters treated us (pledges)like goddesses. I wanna be a pledge again!

later
Kelly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oooh hannah, u don't happen 2 be ruth watterson's cousin hannah do u?! If u are i tried 2 email you but i must have taken it down wrong. That's so cool!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cancuk
No offerense but I don't think that game is appropriate even on this board. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by CampWoman30:
Cancuk
No offerense but I don't think that game is appropriate even on this board. Thanks

what game? and why isnt it appropriate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha catkel, i know a lot of crap goes on on the show and thats good b/c i am definitely looking to be in a sorority when i get to college. i know a lot about aephi and sdt b/c i have friends in them and it sounds like its the coolest thing ever. and yea the sisters are definitely meaner than the pledges on the show- except maggie she's a little rambunctious. lol

and whoever else has the middle name lynn, rock on! its such a popular middle name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was just wondering...why do people join frats and sororities? What I see on MTV and what I saw at the college I attended kind of turned me off to that lifestyle. I think it's the whole concept of having to "try out" to be accepted as a family member (brother/sister). It's so exclusionary, and judgemental. At least the ones that I've seen have been like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know Golyek, and I have often wondered the same thing. The whole thing just seems kind of dumb to me, but to each his own.
I had a bad experience with sororities. I had a group of friends who all pledged my freshmen year in college. Now in the fall, we hung out, did stuff together, and it was great. In the spring, when they started to pledge, suddenly they didn't have time for me, their whole lives revolved around sorority functions and their new "sisters". I realize not everyone has this experience and maybe some people are better at balancing out their lives...it just seems like an awful lot of people in sororities and fraternities are only interested in their own little exclusive group. Plus so many of them (I know, not ALL, but a lot) do nothing more than drink and party...a big turn off for me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Greek System is different on every college campus. ANd a lot of times it has nothing to do this the size of the college or university. What you see on MTV isn't the full picture. First of all, they air all the "drama" that goes on. The producers create story lines that will be interesting for the audience and get the highest ratings. Second, that is just one sorority chapter and one fraternity chapter out of the many thousands of chapters across America and in other nations. Third, both Delta Xi Omega and Sigma Chi Omega are local chapters. This allows them to get away with a lot more hazing than National Chapters.

I love my sorority Alpha Xi Delta which I pledged in the fall 2001, as well as the greek system at Auburn University (my college.) I have never once felt jusdged by other members of my sorority or anyone else outside my sorority for that matter. Everyone I met in all the other 14 sororities during recruitment was very nice and polite to me. I wasn't very involved in high school and I didn't have any close friends. But when I got my Bid last fall and pledged, I was instantly accepted and now I have over 100 friends, many very close to me.

I don't deny many people have had bad experiences with Greek organizations, I'm jsut saying what you see on TV isn't the full picture, and that my experiences have been the best of my life.

Kelly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm 18... my birthday is April 2nd hehe
-Roxy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by Golyek:
I was just wondering...why do people join frats and sororities? What I see on MTV and what I saw at the college I attended kind of turned me off to that lifestyle. I think it's the whole concept of having to "try out" to be accepted as a family member (brother/sister). It's so exclusionary, and judgemental. At least the ones that I've seen have been like that.

I'm with him on this one. I attended a Uniersity that has a very large "greek" population and they are all over the place. Let me just say of all the people I have meant they have fit all the stereotypes I have heard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YAY WE DID IT!

My major is political science and my minor is public service with a focus in education.

And I don't understand the Greek system, it's pretty disgusting at my school, but hey that floats some people's boats. I'm just sick of every time I go to a party I get asked "so what sorority are you in?" I mean, hello, it *IS* possible to be social without joining the "system." Grr.

There is a disproportionate amount of October birthdays on this board! (LIBRAS TAKE OVER THE WORLD!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, i gotta stick up for greeks here. first my school is pretty small (4,000) and DRY. So, really, the frats are the only ones that throw parties cause they have off campus houses. (ussually the parties are open-anyone can come) (the sororities all have dorm wings-some dumb rule about more than x number of women in one house is a brothel)I pledged SAI in the fall. It did not take up too much time, the sisters are great, and they love everyone in the music department equally from what i've seen. (its a proff/social music frat) i just saw that MTV show tonight, me and one of the sisters sat there and were horrified. my campus has ZERO tolerance for hazing. i mean, we were afraid to interview our MITs (members-in-training, apparently pledge is demeaning)because we were afraid THAT was hazing! by interview, i mean a pretty damn proff type thing. the stuff on mtv would never, ever fly on our campus. I enjoy it, i still have lots of time for my old friends, and have met new people to boot. I wouldn't ever join a strictly social sorrority i don't think, but i have friends that have and for most of them it hasn't affected a thing. I too know people who have deactivated from their frats for many reasons, but most folks seem happy with our system. Not all systems are as awful as tv, some are actually pretty decent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn;t see the MTV show cos we have MTV Europe (so I'll probably see it in 6 months time !! ), but we have sororities over here as well and a similar "initiation" system. Pledges are called 'zeros' and they go on a weekend where basically they're humiliated. There was an incident where a student died cos of alcohol poisoning so the initiation isn't allowed to involve drinking anymore. Some of my friends did it and I've heard sooo many gross and horrible stories. My sister was humiliated so badly....and my cousin had to lick custard out of a toilet bowl. UGh!

In the end they're all happy they did it though, cos all the 'zeros' bond really well the first week and after initiation all the older students who were mean before are really nice. I think it's pretty two-faced and wouldn't personally want to go through such an awful process.

- Flora

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went to a big university, Michigan State University, I was in a sorority. The sorority on Sorority Life is NOT an accurate portrayal of sorority life in general. They are mean to those girls. I liked being in a sorority. My school was so big it did not really matter if you were greek or not, there were so many things to get involved in. I did not join till my sophmore year, I am glad I waited. I always had more then one group of friends that way, different people to be around. Still to this day I take a trip once a year with my sorority sisters. It was a good expereice. They are not as bad as they are made out to be on MTV, although I love the show!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know I just don't understand sorities. They say that a soroity is a great way to make friends, but you have to pay to be in one. Why should I pay someone to make friends?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nebit- where are you? At my school in Virginia, we were not allowed to have a guy stay over for more than 3 out of 7 nights or it would be considered a brothel. Wierd.

Speaking of Sororities... I went to an all womens school, only 900 of us undergrads. We did not have any sororities, however I feel like I spent 4 years at camp. It was so fun... lots of traditions and fun stuff. At times it seemed like we were one huge sorority. We had "Ring Night" which was actually a 3 day process where you "earn" your class ring. It involves sophomores, juniors and seniors, and although hazing is not allowed, we certainly toe the line. I could go into more details if anyone is interested... The most important part is that it is a bonding experience... and I will never forget my Ring Sisters!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speedy I love friends to! I never miss it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm going to be 19 Phoenix. You are 2 years older than me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goeorgie you are a life saver! thank you!

Oh My Goodness Helen !!!!!!
What a small world!
Yeah I claim her to be my cousin!
If you are talking to her tell her that I will come to her B'DAY party and that it is rude to not reply to text messages! ;-)
Oh and tell her to msg me with her email address I can't remember it!
It is hannah_will_iams with the rest. hope that helps!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hannah.. did you see friends tonight! it was really funny!! i was happy because i am a huge days fan too and there were 2 real days charachters!! usually they are all fakes!! hehe... also the whole nobel prize thing was great! hehehe!!

Page 10 of 27 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 26 27

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard