Rate Thread
Page 11 of 27 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 26 27
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm also an SAI girl like Nebit (YAY SAI) I'm not a big fan of social sororities, mine SAI, is a professional music frat/sorority. It all depends on your personality. Nebit, I had this weekend off, we should have gotten together somewhere between here and Valpo! oh well, maybe some other time! let me know whats up and when you leave for camp!
Jiff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's keep this thing going .. NO MORE TALK ABOUT GREEK LIFE THOUGH K? it's boring me.
What is you favorite thing to see/do on your day/night off?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Movies! amd Walmart. And pizza (Papa johns is the best!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Movies! amd Walmart. And pizza (Papa johns is the best!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We don't get a night off and I usually spend my day off (Saturdays) resting or going into town, shopping, going to Wal-mart, eating oriental food, and occasionaly going to see a movie with some camp people.

Quote:
Originally posted by Yoda:
Let's keep this thing going .. NO MORE TALK ABOUT GREEK LIFE THOUGH K? it's boring me.
What is you favorite thing to see/do on your day/night off?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I definitely spend my time eating REAL food. And cruising around town with my friends in the pimp-mobile we call the camp van! (haha just joking). But really, Wal Mart is by far the best place to go

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Walmart rocks!!!!! I love that place, and I too get real food. I also go see all the sights and go outlet shopping with other people from camp. On my days off, I go to my sisters house and hang out since I live in Florida and my camp is in New Hampshire so I can't go home, going to my sister's, who lives in Maine, house is the next best thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by melon4382:
Walmart rocks!!!!! I love that place, and I too get real food. I also go see all the sights and go outlet shopping with other people from camp. On my days off, I go to my sisters house and hang out since I live in Florida and my camp is in New Hampshire so I can't go home, going to my sister's, who lives in Maine, house is the next best thing.

What would a camp counselor do with out Wally World ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My time off during camp I really love going out to eat, doing laundry and having a beer or two. I just LOVE chillin' on time off. I also like getting back to camp at a decent hour, I'm usually back around midnight.

When I'm not at camp, during my time off I enjoy playing disc golf, going to see movies and on Thursday nights watching Survivor. Did you folks know that Christy (the woman that is deaf) is from Colorado and she is involved in camping as she works for a youth adventure program. I think that's awesome and I'm really rooting for her.

Today it was in the seventies here in Denver and I played 72 holes of disc golf. It was such a great Saturday!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by Yoda:
What would a camp counselor do with out Wally World ??

I don' t know but I am so glad I will never have to worry about that. Wal-mart is by far the best place to go when you just want to get away from camp for awhile and they have such great deals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've got a couple of questions for you.

1. Do you still play with toys?

2. Do you still watch cartoons (other than the Simpsons and King of the Hill)?

If so, why do you continue to do so as an adult. If not, why have you stopped? Just wondering.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1.) Yes
2.) Yes

I think playing with toys and watching cartoons keeps you young. PLus it lets you know what kids are into so that you know what they are talking about when the keep drawing a yellow sponge in square pants for all their "kid writing" entires (I am working in a kindergarten right now).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I definitely still watch cartoons! I agree with Yoda that it's a great way to keep up on what kids are going to be talking about. And, on a somewhat related note, I still sleep with a stuffed animal, does anyone else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year we had like 2 hours off twice a day (since we didn't have campers). I spent time cleaning my bunk- I always managed to ge it so dirty! Sometimes I would head down to the creek to talk with some people, I did some painting towards the end of the summer and other arts and crafts. Sometimes we hung out in the staff lounge, we went swimming sometimes too. We were 15 so we couldn't leave camp... but we managed to have quite a bit of fun... oh yes, and we had watefights. We also sat and just talked outside our cabin somedays- it was relaxing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I sleep with a stuffie only when I'm taking naps. When I'm going to bed at night I don't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by LoisLane103:
I sleep with a stuffie only when I'm taking naps. When I'm going to bed at night I don't.

lol, I sleep with my bear everynight. If I can't find him, I'll wake up everyone till i can. hmmm, when my lil sis was a cit in my cabin, she gave my bear to a homesick kid while i was helpin another kid-I was going to kill her, but thankfully the kid believed me when i told her ihad an even cooler critter for her to sleep with. what can i say, I'm attached. I also have a special pillow-one of those little camp pillows, but i'm not as crazy about that.

lets see....
Toys! heck yes. I LOVE toys. plus, it keeps you young. (I'm still searching for never neverland )

Cartoons-not so much, i don't have a tv, but if i did i'd prolly watch them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yeah, I love toys! I stole my boyfriend's old box of lincoln logs to play with!
I watch cartoons sometimes. But more often I end up watching the ones like "The Simpsons" and "South Park" rather than the kiddie ones.
I sleep with two animals and a blanket on my bed, but don't really sleep "with" them. They're just kinda there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yeah, I love toys! I stole my boyfriend's old box of lincoln logs to play with!
I watch cartoons sometimes. But more often I end up watching the ones like "The Simpsons" and "South Park" rather than the kiddie ones.
I sleep with two animals and a blanket on my bed, but don't really sleep "with" them. They're just kinda there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by nebit:
lol, I sleep with my bear everynight. If I can't find him, I'll wake up everyone till i can.

I also can't sleep if I don't know where my blanket is. I have to turn on the lights and search for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only difference between men and boys is the expense of their toys.

I also watch Anime (sorta cartoons, but not really for kids) but not Hentai.

-Joe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To continue the thread could people answer these ??

Soda or Coke or Pop?
Sneakers or Tennis Shoes?
Sofa or Couch?
Freezies or Otter Pops?
Black and Blues or Bruises?
Ore gone or Orey gun ? (Oregon)
Nevahhda or Nevaada? (Nevada)

Answer these and if you think of more post them! Here are my answers.

Soda
Tennis Shoes
Couch
Otter Pops
Bruises
Orey gun (Oregon)
Nevaada (Nevada)

Inquiring minds want to know also please put what state you grew up in so we can find some correlations.

[This message has been edited by Yoda (edited April 28, 2003).]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soda or Coke or Pop? Pop
Sneakers or Tennis Shoes? Tennis Shoes
Sofa or Couch? couch
Freezies or Otter Pops? What are they??
Black and Blues or Bruises? Bruises
Ore gone or Orey gun ? (Oregon)Ore gone
Nevahhda or Nevaada? (Nevada) Nevaada

I sleep with a stuffed animal, Winnie the Pooh

I watch cartoons (can't stand Simpsons or king of the hill)

and as I work with 3, 4, and 5 year olds, I def. play with toys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pop
Tennis Shoes
Couch
Freezies
Black and Blues or Bruises--Both
Orey gun (Oregon)
Nevahhda (Nevada)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by asfcurly:

Freezies or Otter Pops? What are they??

You know that sugar frozen juice that you squeeze out of the plastic to eat? I have always called them all otter pops but when I was at camp when I called them that no body knew what I was talking about!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soda
Tennis Shoes or Sneakers
Couch or Sofa
Freezies or Icies
Bruises
Ore gon (Oregon)
Nevahda (Nevada

I watch cartoons occasionally. Tom and Jerry, Tweety Mysteries, and the one with Tweety/Taz/etc. as babies are my favorites.

I play with toys, puzzles, and games occasionally too (last week I lost in a game of Monopoly). I also like to attempt juggling stuff, and other stuff.

[This message has been edited by me (edited April 28, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by me (edited April 28, 2003).]

Page 11 of 27 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 26 27

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard