Rate Thread
Page 16 of 27 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My fave activity at camp is a tie between Christmas in July and Carnival. They are 2 of the many special days we have during the summer but i think i like them the most. There are so many traditions that go along with Christmas in July and Carnival is just so much fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
obviously for those who have been on here for awhile, i would have to say that my camp's best event is our color war. its the most amazing thing, so traditional, so fun, and so emotional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best camp activity would be the closing night campfires. Everyone walks in starting with the oldest campers who walk all the way around the ring and take spots in the back and so on by age until the youngest campers are last seated. This is done in silence- just the sounds of nature. Then we sing our camp songs, give out awards, and do the memory stick program. We finish by singing the camp song everyone with their arms around one another- aww.... I miss it so much! When do I leave for camp again!?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by kater:

heres another question to keep this thread going: What's the coolest activity or program you do at your camp or have seen another camp do? Mine would be when i was younger i went to this camp where for a week you dressed up in clothes from the 1800's and spent each day on a historic settlement behind the ropes where the tourists weren't allowed to go. You cooked food, played games, went to the school in the village. It was amazing

Ok your from canada right? so what camp was this. Have you ever heard of upper canada village. It's like 45 minutes away from me and they have that type of program for summer camp. I'm thinking about appling for the counselor position next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have heard of upper canada village! When we were in ontarion i really wanted to go but there was no time. The camp was at King's Landing in Fredricton. It's a loyalist village. The program was called visiting cousins, we as campers were supposed to the "cousins" visiting the "families" in the houses. It was so much fun, i loved every bit of it. It's a lot smaller than upper canada village, but it's amazing. You definiteley should be a counselor at upper canada village next summer. It's kind of the best of both worlds. It's a real job because your're involved with tourism and a government funded organization, but you are also a camp counselor at the same time!

[This message has been edited by kater (edited June 03, 2003).]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by kater:
i have heard of upper canada village! When we were in ontarion i really wanted to go but there was no time. The camp was at King's Landing in Fredricton. It's a loyalist village. The program was called visiting cousins, we as campers were supposed to the "cousins" visiting the "families" in the houses. It was so much fun, i loved every bit of it. It's a lot smaller than upper canada village, but it's amazing. You definiteley should be a counselor at upper canada village next summer. It's kind of the best of both worlds. It's a real job because your're involved with tourism and a government funded organization, but you are also a camp counselor at the same time!

[This message has been edited by kater (edited June 03, 2003).]

That's so cool. I love stuff like that. I'm always visiting upper canada village. I went to fort loiusberg (sp?) out east, I'm not sure what province, I think new brunswick but I'm not sure.

At upper canada the campers dress up and are stationed at different houses doing different things. They also go to school. A couple of my friends did it, I never got the chance. oh well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just doing my part to keep this going.

btw- i'm 24

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sparklelicious- Fort Louisburg is in Nova Scotia, up in good old cape breton. I've been there a few times, it's alot different then most historic villages but still really cool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw that this post was pretty far down and I thought that I would move it up. I think that a new question would help to keep this going but I can't think of one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's one.

Excited yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OF COURSE I AM EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO GET HERE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm 26, married and still going to camp for two weeks.

I have two favorite camp dance songs. One is "Who's in the House" because we have a little dance we do to it that the whole camp knows. Then "40 days" because we all have so much fun getting "stuck in the mud" and then jumping for the chorus.

Best activity.... I teach circus. That means I teach trapeze, mexican cloud swing, and spanish web (all things in the air) it's a blast!

[This message has been edited by campingcrazy (edited June 05, 2003).]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
back to the top...so whats everyones camp colors? my camps is green and gold.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at my new camp i'm pretty sure they are red and gray. at my old camp the colors changed every year. last year it was purple and orange and the year before that it was red and blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
geeze i cant wait till I go to camp so I have answers for all these questions.. I dont know my camps colors ( i think blue and yellow) or a real favoirte camp song, but right now Im getting psyched for camp with The ataris "In this diary"

btw im 19 (20 in 5 months)- scary how life passes by so fast

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My camp's colors are gray and green. Odd numbered cabins are on the gray team, even numbered cabins are on the green team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm 16

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm 20, have no idea what camp colors are, and I'm really getting excited!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my camp's colors are red and white I think.. and my old camp's colors were yellow and blue.

I's like to share that I've had the camp song "hooka tooka" in my head allllllll day!! Does that happen to anyone else? you get a camp song in your head and find yourself singing it in public?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah i get camp songs stuck in my head and then just start singing to myself when i am walking down the street or in the shower, or just about anywhere else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh my friends hate when I start singing camp songs. I do it everywhere, but I always find I do it most often in the supermarket. I'm a weirdo in the supermarket, and I don't know why lol.

I'm happy though because I got my friends to start singing the "Wee wee" song (one of those forbidden songs )

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I'm happy to say that I'M AT CAMP!!! It is a 10 month dream come true. The mosquitoes are horid (I'm getting eaten alive as I type!), but I'm loving every minute of it.

As it is 12:30am, I don't think I will be the person who gets #400 because I have to go to bed.

I hope you all have a good summer and I'll check in from time to time.

By the end of the summer...500?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i get it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous