A
ok do i get a prize!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
helping the cause b/c I am bored...it's 2AM here & for some reason I just can't sleep...ok so to keep this post alive here is a question:

What is the first thing you are going to do when you get to camp??

~Courtney

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok...to answer my own question...

I am going to go run into the lake and do a lap...no not really. I think I will be boring and just go straight to my cabin (i am a first year so i really don't know what else to say). If there is anything better than being a nerd & heading straight to a bunk let me know by all means

~Courtney

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll be heading to my cabin and claiming my bunk. I live in a cabin with all the other JC's, and I really want a bottom bunk! I'll be arriving fairly early- like 11:00 when we're supposed to be there by 1 lol! Then I'll be unpacking and setting up my area! I can not wait to get there. I was there for the past 2 days for staff orientation, wow- what a blast! I learned how to do all the activities, it was so much fun! Camp starts this Sunday- I wish I was going to be there! But sad thing- only 30 girls will be campers the first week, we normally have at least 150!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will be getting all my stuff out and bringing it to my cabin and setting up my area. Then i'll probably just chill out and talk to my co-counselor, whoever that may be, and wait for the dinner bell to ring at 5pm. I will probably get up there around 3pm so i have time to unpack and stuff before dinner at 5pm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'll be going to my cabin throwing my stuff wherever and then going to find where everyone is. Because of my graduation i have to go up a day late. i'm really scared about that because everyone will be there the day before and will all know each other and i'll have to try and fit in. Has anyone else had expierience with being new and having to come up a day late?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ill unpack then find people

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will find everyone and then take my stuff to the unit we will be using for the week, we stay together as a staff for the first week, sometimes just half the week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the first thing I do when I get to camp... hug people I haven't seen since the summer before! Than I throw my stuff in the cabin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
new question to keep the post going. i thought of this from the backpack post. Imagine that you are flying to camp on a plane which says that you only have room for one item. not a bag of items, just one thing. You have the colthes you are wearing and that's it. What would that one thing be that you would bring? Remember it must be one item and the airplane doesn't have alot of room so it can't be too big. Mine would be a camera that i had taken pictures of people at home with that were still on the flim. That way i could develpo the pictures when i got there and still have a camera to caputure all the new memories. I couldn't think of anything else that i wouldn't be able to find when i got to camp or that really mattered

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seeing as you can find most things once you get to camp some time or another... I would have to say my camp journal. It's a journal I just write in during the summers while I'm at camp. I reread it, and it reminds me how much I've changed as a person throughout my camping experience. I don't think I could survive without my journal. It gives me time to myself, to vent and just be me- and to relieve my frusterations- without getting mad at anyone. I can't wait to go to camp now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to say my wallet, because I'm gonna have to buy a lot of things when I get there....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm 21, i'm a co-director for a ymca teen camp, and one of my counselor's favorite words is poop. just hearing it gets him laughing for the longest time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol loislane exactly what i was going to say!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just trying to keep this thing going.

Who's left here on this board? I still have 9 days before camp starts. What is everyone doing till camp starts.

I'm in school till tues. than I have exams to the next mon. Going to wonderland on sat. sun is my b-day, mon is my last exam, than camp!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My last day at my job on campus is Tuesday. I leave on Friday...so for those 2 days in between I will just relax. Probably hang out at my bf's pool. On Thursday I have to have a cavity(sp?) filled...it's my first one
I just can't wait for Friday to come...soooo excited!!

~Courtney

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 days left, not counting the rest of today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
26 days not counting the rest of today. I'll be around the boards until July 8th. I arrive at camp on July 13th. Until I leave I've got to finish the Scarlet Letter, Read Harry Potter V, and read Up From Slavery- and probably finish the second sisterhood of the traveling pants tomorrow or Tuesday. I need to write an essay on The Scarlet Letter and do a packet of questions. Not to mention get about 20 hours worth of driving in. I'm going to be BUSY! And my couzin is getting married the Saturday before I leave... and her shower is on the wednesday before then- so I'll be out of town for all of that. I love the summer- lol, even if I've got tons to do! I can't forget running 3-5 miles every day!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am still here until wednesday(3 more days, not counting today). I am packing, making sure i have everything i need, i have to register for fall classes before i go, and just relaxing when i can. I cant wait to leave!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I leave a week from Monday to go stay the night at my grandparents and then fly out really early Tuesday morning. (My grandparents live a lot closer to the airport than we do.) Between now and then, I need to finish marking clothes, pack, and go out and get what I need. I'm waiting until next weekend for the supply trip so I can pick up my copy of Harry Potter! Also, I'm helping with some room painting and stuff like that, so I at least have some to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not going anywhere until the beginning of August, so I'll help keep this going

this week I have 6 finals to take, and then when school gets out (the 23rd) I'm going to go work for my friends dad for a couple weeks, then look at colleges and such. I can't wait until I get to spend my 2 weeks at camp in august I miss iiiiiittttt!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HEYHEYHEY, we alre4ady have a thread goin' for camp count down, c'mon now peeps!!! Here, I have a riddle for y'all... (course, there's a thread for riddles, too, but that's not the point):

A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN
This is going to make you so MAD! There are three words in the English language that end in "gry". ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryONE uses them everyday, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third word. What is it? _______gry?

lol, have fun guys... and just for the record, I dont' know the answer, tho i bet if i thought about it i could figure it out...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha i definitely can't think about the riddle right now- but i'll be around until next thursday, camp starts next friday. i leave home to spend a week with my family this friday though, i'm so excited!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alrighty- so I solved the riddle. DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE ANSWER!

The third word is language. The statement says there are 3 words in The English Language. The third word is Language which we use every day. The first word is the and the second word is English.

And, there are 5 words that end in gry"
Angry
Hungry
Puggry
mawgry
aggry

Use that riddle on your campers and they'll be thinking about it FOREVER! haha! :-D Good riddle though, it took me a while to figure it out... and then I had to know the other gry words once I did .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The wording on that version had me totally confused...to clear some people up, here's the version I've heard...
"Think of words ending in 'gry'. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is."

Page 17 of 27 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 26 27

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard