Quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
they simply explain that the American mindset is very internally focused, and that an average American would prefer to travel from sea to sea than hop across the pond.
Hmm, Apparently I am not an average American, I would very much love to travel the world, unfortunately, I don't have the several thousand dollars it costs to take a trip out of the country. I can barely scrap together a couple hundred dollars to fly to camp for the summer. I think if you were to ask around that would be the general consensus, I know many people that would love to travel outside the country, but for many of us it is just not an option financially.
I have stayed out of this argument and this thread for a while, but I gave in because I had to find out what could be so important as to go on for TWO pages!!!
I am personally disgusted by the gross generalizations people are making from every direction! We are supposed to be the well-educated, open-minded generation. If anyone came onto this page that hadn't been here before, they would quickly make the generalization that we are all a bunch of petty, immature, close-minded idiots. Get over it guys! And move onto something else! I am sorry if a sound like a bitch, but seriously this is ridiculous.