Rate Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May 19th...am I lucky or WHAT??? Whoooohooooo!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 more days till I leave!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12 days till camp for me. woowoo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
26 days

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Month and 1 week before I fly...can't wait!

Kids come 1st July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
26 days until staff orientation starts!
33 until campers arrive!

2,000 to 2,500 posts
2,000 to 2,500 posts
I Leave for Camp: 16 Days
Pre-Camp Starts: 20 Days
Campers come: 1 Month and 2 Days

- Teenster

ISU PRIDE!

Caring - Competent - Confident
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I didn't pass my test I dont get to go !!!
\:\( \:\( \:\( \:\( At least thats what my parents are saying - no EMT cert means no california camp and they are completely against me going to michigan because i might get sick... WHAT!?!

Sorry for the rant - here's my countdown despite the above!

Camp Timbers (Michigan)
13 Days
22 hours
15 minutes till staff training starts!

26 days
4 hours
4 minutes till kids get there!!

Forest Home - Camp Ojai Valley
11 Days
1 hour
12 minutes remaining until my drive begins!

13 days
1 hour
12 minutes until I arrive there (roughly - depending on LA traffic and fighting my urge to stop at Disneyland!!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14 days!!! wooooooohooooo!!!! Yeah!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
21 days till i leave for camp! YAY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by Just Ducky19:
(roughly - depending on LA traffic and fighting my urge to stop at Disneyland!!)
Living in SoCal, I have discovered LA traffic is just a total nightmare. Back home in Chicago, the highways were only really bad during rush hours. In LA, highways are bad ALL the time. I drove through the outskirts of LA one Tuesday morning at about 10-11 AM, and traffic was just horrid. I learned about the value of carpool lanes during that same trip, incidentally.

Anyway, my friends and I decided that the main problems with LA traffic are that the public transportation system in LA is extremely underused and really not in the best shape to begin with, and all these SoCal folks believe they need their own cars for some reason. I still simply cannot believe how much time I saved just using the carpool lanes, there was an amazing amount of solo drivers! I always thought traffic in Chicago was bad, but it's really nothing compared to the giant mess that is LA!

Sorry for the sidetrack there, I just couldn't resist a few comments. \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
32 more days!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
21 days (3 weeks till I leave) 22 days till precamp starts, and 32 days till the little people arive! Wooo whooo...I am so excited! :p

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
32 more days for me too...ahhh I want to be there now!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Update: I leave day after tomorrow, but I do have to make a 2 day stop first. I will be at camp in 4 days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey BOOMIS - do they have rules for who can use the carpool lanes? Its just gonna be me in my car, but I know that like in Phoenix they are only for people with 2+ between like 6-9am and 3-6pm on Mon-Fri. IS it like that in Cali?

ActuallY I dont think the traffic will even bother me cause I will be so excited! Im even burning "California" mix cds with songs all about California... Hmm maybe I should do one for ARizona for when Im missing home? Ya that sounds like fuN!! Ok sorry Im weird today. Vikodin can be bad for you!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
33 more days until I go to camp and that is even a week early than most of the staff, I go early to set up the heath hut, and I don't even stay there at night. Staff training starts in 40 days And 46 more days until the campers arive. I am getting so excited!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
\:\) UPDATE \:\)

I only have 9 more days!!!!! :p :p ;\) ;\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Hey BOOMIS - do they have rules for who can use the carpool lanes? Its just gonna be me in my car, but I know that like in Phoenix they are only for people with 2+ between like 6-9am and 3-6pm on Mon-Fri. IS it like that in Cali?
I am not totally conversant with the rules, but I am pretty sure that carpool lanes are for 2+ people 24 hours a day. Like I said I was passing through the outskirts of LA at like 11 AM on a Monday and I know for sure the rules were in force then- and I've had friends who have been out here longer than I tell me they've driven through LA at like 3 AM and there was STILL traffic. I don't know if I entirely believe that, but I didn't believe there'd be a total jam at 11 AM either. So my advice is, be wary! And maybe get a blowup doll to put in your passenger seat. \:D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:

Camp Timbers (Michigan)
13 Days
22 hours
15 minutes till staff training starts!

No way- you've gone to timbers?!? I know a staff (maybe more, not sure) that have worked there. When did you work there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha ha really? I worked there last year - my mom's old boss was the director in previous years - SMALL world... PM me and we can see if we know some of the same!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your PM box was full...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just Ducky you should make an Arizona Disc. Getting around Phoenix these days is a challenge in it's self with all of the re-paving on the freeways... I hate it! They close the free ways on the weekends all weekend.. grrrr i hate it!
Anyways sorry about my off topic post... only 19 days!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pre Camp Work on or about this date - 1 Week, 3 Days left. June 1st can't wait!
First Day of Camp - 4 Weeks, 2 Days left. June 21

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard