Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
35 year carpenter (35 yrs. experience) seeking a full-time camp position as facilities/site manager or ranger. I have 2 seasons of experience at a YMCA camp in Michigan and also extensive maintenance/construction skills.
I am currenly working for myself, but am wishing to be in the camp environment again.
I am married, so need housing or housing must be nearby. Need benefits, includinging retirement, if possible. Wife has camp experience (secretarial) plus years of other secretarial experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still searching as of August. If anyone knows of a position, please let me know. Working in the hot Texas heat is getting to me (grin).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rick,

Yup ... I know it isn't easy to find these positions. Hopefully you have signed up for the ACA "year round jobs at camp" e-mail list. There have been some listings there in recent months of this type.

In the organization I work for, it is hard to know if an opening exists even once you are working here. The only "shot in the dark" way that I know of to express interest for ranger positions is to send a resume and letter to each of the four regional offices. But be ready to not hear anything for a long time.

You might not have time for this, but if you do some volunteering at a camp near where you live now (a camp with some national organization of some kind) then over time it is likely I think that the ranger/director there might hear about an opening somewhere else in that organization and pass on that information to you. Ulitimately, I think word of mouth is about the best chance for these things.

Do you still have any contacts at the YMCA camp where you worked in the past that could help you? If all the staff from that time have moved on, maybe they are still working for the Y in other cities and could point you to something.

I don't know if these suggestions are helpful, but I figured you might like to get a reply of some kind anyway.

Good Luck,

Nick Carr, Ranger
Camp Agawam CVC BSA

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard