Rate Thread
#77094 02/16/06 08:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Accessibility is always an issue with attracting new campers to come to camp. Often times, parents don't have time to visit the camp beforehand but cannot get the full picture just through the camp brochure.

I don't claim to know all the tricks of the trade but Camp Hanover (www.camphanover.org) have certainly benefitted from the services I have been able to help them with.

I am a web designer and have worked with the camp to put all of their promotional material online which has not just cut down on postage costs but saved admin time too.

Another benefit of using a website for your camp is that it is instantly updatable and available whenever your campers/parents need information.

Also, recently introduced on the Camp Hanover site is an online registration and payment facility which means that applications can be completed and sent instantly without having to worry about filling out the form by hand and paying by cheque.

It's all basically about ease. If you can capture your audience online and give them an interesting website with perhaps camp news and content that changes not yearly, but maybe even on a daily basis, then you have won half the battle.

I would love to be able to help any camp directors/staff with their online presence. My rates are very low as I do this as a hobby, and I'm available straight away.

If you're interested please take a look at www.camphanover.org and see what you think.

I would love to hear from any interested parties. You can reach me on richard.beatson@yahoo.com

Thanks

Richard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im saying this as a former camp director and I am saying this regardless of who you use. But I am a former Camp Director who now runs a marketing company that provides clothing items and promo items. Our is at http://www.yourj.com . . . so please . . . I know what I am talking about . . I have worked with many of you . . . and I have no other motive than to tell you that you need to use your campers to market for you.

Clothing apparel works much better than promo items. Promo items are really geared towards earning your camp money. Thats not a bad thing. You need the income. Campers like to get water bottles or whistles with your camp name on it. It makes you money, but thats about it. Those items are usually stuffed in a kids drawer somewhere.

Clothing apparel is different though. Clothing apparel is something in which kids where all the time. Especially t shirts and hoodies. Those items make each of your campers walking billboards.

This is what you do . .. raise the price of your camp fees $5 ... and give each of your campers a "free" t-shirt. Now all your kids friends and family are going to see those shirts. Its worth it.

Again . . . use who you want . .. this is not a ploy to get you to use us. But being a former camp director and current marketing company partner . . . . trust me on this. Its worth it.

C
CIM Offline
10 to 25 posts
10 to 25 posts
C
Dear Richard,
If you or anyone that you know is interested in a great camp please let me know.

Re: Camp Indian Meadows.

In 1960 my Mother and Father purchased 61 acres of undeveloped land eighty miles north of San Francisco, in scenic Cobb Mountain, Lake County, California. My parents began developing the land into a Children's Camp in 1982 and our family operated Camp Indian Meadows / Inter Mountain Sports Camp from 1987 through 2000. As it stands now, there is a modern cafeteria and kitchen, swimming pool, showers and bathrooms, a recreation building, basketball courts, baseball field, an all-year creek, a pond, and thirteen sleeping structures. We have a lifetime Camp permit and are allowed to build up to 20 sleeping structures if needed.

Over the years the facility has been used as a sports camp, children's summer camp, health retreats and as a campus for Kelseyville Extension High School.

Now we are presently remodeling the Camp and plan to re-open this Summer. The facility is able to accomadate 150 people. We have had up to 180 children and staff there at one time .

Sincerly,
dr.charleenwignall@gmail.com

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard