www.myYearbook.com is apparently the fastest growing online social network these days (their front page claimed 5249 new members today alone). It looks a lot like myspace and facebook ti me but I noticed while I was poking around that myYearbook users can choose to base all or part of their "yearbook" page around summer programs they've attended. To my knowledge this concept is new to the online social networking and could be exploited by wily camp directors looking to build some online community among campers during the year and to increase awareness of their camp online.

The question though is whether your camp is listed in their options? I have no clue where they got their names from but I did find my summer employer , Culver Summer Camps, in there (i'm a counselor there). I've since invited other Culver people on there and we're spreading the good word. Anytime someone visits one of our homepage on the site they see front and center the name of the camp which is good too.

So perhaps click on over to www.myYearbook.com and start a profile to see if you're listed on there. If not you can probably get a hold of them and have your camp added to the list.

one last time-www.myYearbook.com

Is you camp listed? Anyone looked into advertising on one of these online social networking sites before?