Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At my home camp this summer, we have dealth with campers who have exhibited the following behaviors: suicide ideations, psychotic episode involving aggressive and highly escalated behaviors, a camper with hallucinations/delusions caused by side effects of psychiatric medications. As a staff, we struggled in getting through these situations effectively and are looking to develop action plans prior to next season. Can you share how you may have dealt with similar incidents? We deal with all volunteer counselors and directors. All staff has some basic risk training, but nothing to the extent of the issues we have encountered this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all you 'Shrinks' out there and by the way, shrink is an appropriate term considering Ritalin and/or Prozac shrinks our brains approximately 20%...Tom Cruises point was that DRUGS are bad. Yet you want to slant it that he says YOU are bad. What's wrong with you people? Why do you drug babies with Baby Ritalin? Show me a lab test that says someone has a 'chemical imbalance'. How researched and scientific is it when a group of you hold up your hands at a 'Conference' voting whether someone who likes tomatoes too much should be labeled a 'disease'...You people claim there are literally millions of diseases of the mind...oh Pulleaseee Tell the Public at large where electric shock 'Therapy' came from! Most don't know it started in a hog slaughterhouse...REAL scientific! All anybody has to do in the psychiatric world is 'Follow the Money'. Your days are numbered for drugging our children and the rest of us!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This message is for all the Shrinks out there, which is an appropriate term considering Ritalin and/or Prozac shrinks our brains 20%...Tom Cruises whole point was that the DRUGS are bad yet you want to slant it that he says YOU are bad. You state that there has been much 'Scientific Research' into diseases of the mind but tell me, show us one single lab report that shows a 'Chemical Imbalance'. Tell us how scientific is it to have a show of hands at a "Conference' to determine such horrible diseases such as "someone who likes tomatoes too much"...Tell all of us exactly WHY there is such a thing as Baby Ritalin, for those too young with no teeth who cannot chew or swallow the pill form....it comes in convenient DROPS. How do you determine a Baby is attention deficit anyway??? Why not let the General Public know that every single child who has been on Ritalin/Prozac/Psychotropic drug is completely INELIGIBLE for the Armed Forces, Coast Guard and cannot be Police Officers??? Enlighten us as to how the use of Electric Shock Therapy <---Oxymoron, was first thought of when a Psychiatrist visited a hog slaughterhouse? Not to mention the thousands of sick psychiatrists who have molested their innocent victims, some as young as 3 years old, who came to them to be treated then got more abuse at their hands? Yet you psychos want to try to discredit Tom Cruise? You all make me sick. Follow the Money!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you hire a Camp Psychologist? I would train them on what to do how to calm clients. Generally, I let the professionals deal with these issues or send the child home. You should not have to deal with this on your own. See if you can get some volunteers from a hospital or call a psychiatrist and see if you can get some of their insight.

S
superfly47
Unregistered
superfly47
Unregistered
S
If a child is having a serious mental episode you should talk to the parents and have the sent home.

If the child is suicidal you should talk to a hospital, you don't want to run the risk of someone killing themselves in your park.

Last edited by superfly47; 03/27/14 04:06 PM.
J
jbalto31
Unregistered
jbalto31
Unregistered
J
I have been reading these posts- I am a Certified Nurtured Heart Trainer. I work with parents and teachers in dealing with spirited behaviors in children and turning these behaviors around. This is the only approach that has worked with me and my family. It works so well that I train the school district, the juvenile justice system, camp counselors, the police dept, foster parents, pta groups and any parents dealing with challenging children. You can look at my site for more information, or I would be happy to discuss a counselor training. www.gettingback2greatness.com

Thanks!

Julie Katz
Certified Nurtured Heart Trainer
702-461-0749
Julie@gettingback2greatness.com

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard