Rate Thread
#77153 09/04/01 12:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am interested in what other camps do with regards to Drug screens. If you do them what process is used or if you don't why not?

Thank you.

#77154 09/08/01 08:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know how necessary drug screens are. I mean all camps do basic background checks and the like of course, but I think an element of trust would be lost between the director and the staff if an actual drug test were required. Just as long as it's clear that anybody who does use drugs during camp will be sent packing, I think the staff should be mature enough to handle that. (And if they're not- no loss to you)

The only exception to that rule was at a day camp I worked at, where the 21+ staff drove the buses that got the kids to camp everyday. Then by state law random drug tests were required like twice over the entire summer, but I can't think of anybody who failed which is as it should be.

#77155 04/10/07 10:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have always done background checks but have never thought about doing drug screenings. I guess if you were going to start these then there would have to be a policy created with staff signing it.

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard