Rate Thread
#77179 09/23/04 12:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am in the process of creating a workable risk management plan for missing children, i.e. a child is abducted or wanders off while in our care. Are there resources available to aid in this task? Or, does anyone have a policy they would be willing to share.

I work in a University setting in a major metro area which complicates the issue a bit. Any info that "you" could provide would be greatly appreciated!

#77180 10/11/04 08:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you still need info... contact me. I also run on University campuses. Kat@cybercamps.com

#77181 06/29/06 02:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also run a camp on a university campus (in a large metro area!).

Our LC protocol (Lost Child) stipulates that as soon as a counselor/other staff suspect a child is missing to contact myself (director) with the emergency phone/walkie talkie that everyone carries. We will gather the whole camp on the meadow (our main meeting spot) and do a group by group head count. While this is happening, myself, the admin team and at least the counselor who is closest to the child will begin the search process (generally with the bathroom!).

If we are still missing the child after the head count (we had a scary incedent last year where the child was just with friends in another group), we contact Public Safety - our on campus security - and they begin the campus search and stopping cars as they leave campus (one entrance/exit only). This means that we would have ~10 min to find the child before we call Public Safety. If public safety is unable to locate the child with our help. The city police department is contacted within minutes.

I hope this helps...

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard