Rate Thread
#77215 04/25/07 09:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you handle campers who want to attend camp, but parents doesn?t believe in getting immunized? Do you still allow them to attend? Or, do you have a form for the parents to sign? What are your procedures?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My personal belief is I would be worried at being at camp with someone not immunized.. simply because I could end up ill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But if YOU are immunized, you shouldn't catch it, right?
i don't know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is kind of the purpose of immunizations - to make you immune to an illness.

There are regular K-12 schools that have immunization waivers for parents who have religious objections, or in some states, any type of objections, to getting their kids immunized. I would look and see what the state uses for the school district/what the laws are and go from there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I'd still be a little nervous around un-immunized people.

I don't know if any of my friends aren't immunized--but if they aren't, I certainly don't want to know that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have been immunised then you have no reason to worry. That is the point of immunisations- to control and eradicate disease.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH YEAH, that's right! Duh me. I must be forgetting the key fact of immunizations!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vaccines help the people who get them. If you do not have one, then you are the one who is worried. Do not worry at all.

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard