Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have a behavior policy for their camp program that I could get a coipy of to see what types of items to include. I am preparing to start a camp for emotionally/ behaviorally disordered children and I want to have a behavior policy that the parents and campers sign before they copme to camp. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Angela M. Okan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is my behavior policy. So far, it's worked for me. \:D

Mike Goldstein
Loggers' Run Summer Camp

CAMPER CODE OF CONDUCT

It is our intention to provide your child with a safe and secure environment. We attempt to create a warm, comfortable, and fun atmosphere that will make your child look forward to coming to camp each day.

We are not a camp organization equipped to handle continual conduct difficulties. We have a 4-point discipline plan, outlined below, which helps us enforce our rules fairly. Please be advised, there are certain behaviors that are to be considered severe enough to merit immediate expulsion from camp (i.e. physical aggression, stealing, defiance of discipline code, and/or repeated incidents of inappropriate language.) We will not tolerate any of these behaviors whatsoever. Should a camper need to be expelled, camp fees are non-refundable.

In order to promote good behavior among campers, we have an established discipline plan. Our discipline plan stresses proper behavior with an emphasis on the following:
1. Safety.
2. Cooperation and participation are required both in group activities and with other campers.
3. Respect those around you, both camper and staff.
4. Respect for property.
5. Appropriate language and dress at all times.

If a camper violates any of these rules, the group leader will notify one of the camp directors. The camp director will record the incident and outline the consequences of the behavior with the camper. The consequence is determined by the violation.

The 4-Point Discipline Plan:
1. Verbal warning, lunchroom clean-up duty, or activity privilege withheld (parent notified of incident).
2. Parent contacted to pick up child immediately and child to miss day of camp.
3. Parent contacted to pick up child immediately and child to miss next three days of camp.
4. Parent contacted to pick up child and not return to camp. All summer camp fees are non-refundable.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Electronic Policy for Parents and Campers

Walkman and electronic game devices may only be used on the buses and only after the bus in en route. No cell phones or pagers are permitted on campus. Any and all electronic devices found being used outside of the outlined procedures will be confiscated and kept in the Community School offices until parents/guardians pick them up. LRCMS is at no time responsible for the loss or damage of any electronic equipment or personal property.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Camper Discipline Policy

There is something I have used in the past has been pretty effective. The important thing is to go over the policy until everyone really understands it.
Remember to document everything, even the verbal warning. We used a discipline chart. As a camp administrator I gave the counselors over each group a new one at the beginning of each week.
Freebie-maybe have the counselor remind the camper of good choices vs. poor choices. Even this you document so that all counselors working with that group know that camper has been given their free warning.
1st Offense-Document the situation. Speak with the camper. Perhaps in some cases discipline is necessary here.
2nd Offense-Again document everything...CYA...It's important. By this time the child is seeing some more stern disciplinary action. At this time we would break out a camper behavior agreement. The counselor and the camper discuss the problem, together list ways to correct the problem, and make a written agreement that is initialed by both the counselor and camper. This agreement acknowledges that in the conversation the camper is made aware of the consequences for further misconduct, whether that be a trip to the director, or however your camp runs it. That is usually the point when the camper was brought to me and I handle it from there after the third offense. So a trip to see the admin staff was after the 3rd offense.
Hope that was helpful. If anything the most important advice I can give is overprepare. Make forms, behavior agreements, clear cut rules. Then document everything and follow through.

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard