Rate Thread
#77847 07/25/02 06:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello, I have posted on here before of my dream of having my own camp. I am a Senior in High School and I would like to start early. Or Now would be great to. I would like to know the first steps of starting a camp. If anyone could help I would love it! Thanks a bunch!!!

#77848 07/30/02 08:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,
My first step was research. I look at the needs in my town and asked around to see what other camps were doing. Most of the time a camp could be started with a few kids in your neighborhood, church or school. All you need is a location and a sales pitch to enroll lots of volunteers in the beginning. If you have any camping experience as either a camper or counselor your creditability goes a long way in getting the camp started. In the meantime, you can think about what kind of camp you want to run, whether an overnight (residential camp) or a day camp. Where would you like to hold camp-away from the city on a new site or at your church or school builidings during the off seasons. YOU have many options, but all you have to do is start. The ACA is one of the best places to start. Go to the library and read up on other things. Look thru the ACA and get ideas or just visit camps during the summer and see how they are running. You can even volunteer as an intern for the remainder of the summer. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard