Rate Thread
#77873 11/03/03 09:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone tell me what grants are available and how my camp can go about finding and applying for a grant. Thanks!!!

#77874 11/24/03 11:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In order to be able to answer your questions, I am needing you to answer the following questions?

1. What is your mission of your camp?
2. Who do you serve at camp? (Identify youth or adult; disabled; improvished, etc.)
3. Where are you located?
4. What will the funds be used for?
Post your reply and I back later and I will post my responses.

#77875 11/25/03 01:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a year-round Christian camping and conference center ministry for children, youth, adults and families that provides programs and resources which develop values, leadership, friendship, fun, and care for the earth, to help one grow within one's self and out toward the world God Created.

The summer camp serves children and youth ages 7-15 and there is camping program for children and adults that are disabled (and do not need a wheel chair to get around). Some of the campers come from urban areas some not, some are impoverished and others are not.

The facility is located in the state of NJ.

The funds would be used to enable us to run a full summer camping program and teach campers the Gospel, work on team work, leadership skills, expose them to traditional camping activities etc.

I hope this information is helpful. Thank you very much for your help. If you need any other information I will be happy to provide it.

#77876 12/10/03 01:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have another couple of questions as well as a suggestion for you.

The questions are:
1. Does the camp have its own 501c(3) status?
2. How long has the camp in existance?
3. What is the name of camp? Do you have a web-site that I could access?
4. Do you know how to write proposals to obtain grant funds?

My suggestion:
1. Look at local churches for funding. As more churches are broadening their focus to the outside world several of them are setting up foundations to support community project.
J. Dean

#77877 01/11/04 10:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can also find a wealth of information on the Foundation Center website www.fdncenter.org
There is a huge searchable listing of foundations that make grants to non-profits and a link to the Philanthropy Digest Message Board to find answers to your questions and provide help.

#77878 09/16/05 12:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our Christian camp in Iowa is planning a hotel style building to be able to host 24-36 people.
I would like info about what grants are available, and how to go about writing them. Any help would be great. Thanks

#77879 10/22/05 09:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try searching CFDA , you should be able to find something there.

---
Everything About Government Grants

#77880 11/27/05 06:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before you apply for a government grant, the first step is to be aware of the existing federal, state or municipal funding programs available and to determine if you qualify.

Each program has different criteria and awards various amounts, from a few thousand to a few hundred thousand dollars per grant. Some grants help pay for equipment or salaries.

If you'd like to find out if there are programs you qualify for you can find out more at www.grantability.com

#77881 03/16/06 09:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I followed the advice in the last post and checked out www.grantability.com on behalf of my camp, a non-profit summer camp for children with special needs in Clinton County. I have looked at the CFDA site before, and it didn't have many options available beyond the federal level.

In the past we have paid a full time staff member to research and write grant proposals, and this was a lot more efficient. They helped me identify a list of programs on the federal level, state level, and private level, and provided all the documents and info I needed to apply. They also helped me figure out the best way to represent our program goals in order to be looked on favourably by the agencies. We got 2 grants out of it, and one private endowment, and it took a lot less time than doing it on our own. I'd refer them to anyone looking. The fee was well worth it.

#78087 08/28/07 05:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am very interested in hiring someone to help me in obtaining a grant. I am trying to start my own camp from the ground up and will need quite a bit of financial help. I would appreciate any information you can give me in regards to a professional grant researcher/writer as well as a general idea of how much they charge. Thank you.

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard