#78354 09/18/07 01:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi everyone,
I am a new member to your forum. My husband and I are wishing to purchase this summer camp we found for sale, but we are not sure were to turn for a lender. I have a Real Estate background and know of some very good places to turn if you are interested in Multifamly communities, hotels, and such. But they called a sleep away camp a "Special Purpose" type of loan and called it a Tier 4? Any ideas?

I am gathering Investors as well. Have all but one so far if anyone is interested as well.

Thanks! My email is tillmanmichaelbellsouth.net also if you want to email me straight. Thanks

#81958 01/03/08 11:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Luck and Congratulations on starting your own camp! I am looking to do the same, but I am unsure of where to begin. Although, I am not able to help answer your question about lenders, I was hoping that you could give me an idea of where to start in terms of opening a camp. That request is so broad, I know, so any advice would help. I am a NYS licensed early childhood/childhood educator and have a few summers worth of camp experience.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide, Kristina

#99741 06/20/08 02:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kristina,
Have you looked into applying for any grants??

#110046 09/11/09 01:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi ALL!

I am senior at The Ohio State University studying Sports & Leisure and a Education minor. Myself, and a few friends want to start a Non-profit summer resident camp in Ohio that focuses on educational enrichment, physical activity, and connecting youth to nature. We have done extensive research and begun writing our business plan. We are, however, stuck in the financial projects of the business plan because we are having a very hard time locating property on-line in the midwest and really grasping our financial needs. Im not sure if we're looking in the right places but we need HELP!!! We're in the process of copyrighting our camp name which is Camp 3 Keys. Any advice given is greatly appreciated regarding:
- Start up
- Property
- Insurance
- Bussiness Plan
- Financing (grants, loans,etc)

Thanks!
jennifer.rice@camp3keys.org

#110054 09/11/09 04:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's a great deal of information at the IRS website Form to apply is quite detailed...I am sure you have been here, but it is always a good place to return to in order to stay on track. http://www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=96109,00.html order

Have you already developed your mission statement? That is a great start to keeping on track, too. keep it out in front as you move forward. It is a great way to "qualify" your plan's parts and pieces. Just a thought. \:\)

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard