Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greetings, all...this is a wonderful site.

This feels like kind of a stupid question. I hope it isn't.

I'm looking at a gorgeous 95 acre parcel of wooded land tucked up in the mountains here in my native Colorado. I think it would be an excellent place to start a summer camp. The problem is, although it has a home built on it, the entire property is off-grid. I've been researching, and powering a home, much less an entire camp, seems pretty complicated as well as pricey. It seems like unless I can get "on the grid" somehow, there is no way I'd be able to create a camp for children there.

I've been to camps before, but maybe not one as tucked into the wilderness as this acreage (surrounded by BLM land on both sides). Wondering if power has been an issue for any of you experienced builders and if you would advise me to steer clear of this idea \:\)

Thanks for your time. KARA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have operated several camps off grid. Depending on exactly what you want, it can either be easy or difficult.

Feel free to contact me at camp@bak.r.com

Crash

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard