Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to know if there are any camps requiring their campers to bring their routine meds blister packed? If so, would you share that info with me. We are trying to make that change at our camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Lucy, Blister packs in theory is a great idea however you have to look at the reality of the delivery system.
Thru my years of working in the camp health center at the camp I work at and working with some blister packs these are questions that I would ask.1. Is your camp a for or not for profit camp?
How long are the campers there? How many campers come in with
meds? Are the parents on a fixed income? Are the meds covered
by health insurance and if so will the health insurance cover the change in delivery systems? How much room will you have for storage? What delivery system do you have for your campers in camp and also on trips out of camp? What are the qualifications of the person despensing the Med. Why are you thinking of changing to blister packs? What specfic directions are you giving the parents prior in the pre camp mailing? How many campers are you dispensing meds to and what is their cognitive ability in taking them? I know I may not answer your question however if you and your camp can answer these questions the answers may help in coming up width your final descion. Sincerely Pat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are blister packs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blister packs are the plastic things with the seal over them so pills are individually sealed. Most cold pills come in them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister_pack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH! Those things!

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard